Exterior Cracking Windows

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
I'm noticing quite a few hairline cracks about 6mm coming up from along the bottom of one of the windows on my 2012 Discovery. They are along the bottom frame that holds the window in where it just starts to curve. I've searched this forum re cracks and was wondering if this was the type of cracking mentioned.
Obviously the van is out of warranty but has only done about 15000K so is this something I should be bring to the attention of Jayco. They can only be seen in the sun and only on the one window.
Thanks
Terry

Joanne

Dec 10, 2013
Adelaide
We had 5 of our 6 windows crack and the van was new and 1 trip away on our 2013 Starcraft OB. They were replaced by Jayco but we had to photograph all photos for Dometic to approve first who accused us of using something on them to cause it?????????. We have had no trouble with the new ones.

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
Best too take pics and send them to camec and your place of purchase for them to consider i have had a few recently that the windows will be supplied only that I have heard of as they had a hard life so might want to get the polish out first and make them look 100%

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Just to follow up, I emailed Jayco who have advised me to take it to my nearest Jayco dealer and they will access it and send in a report. Rang the dealer who said they will have to take photos, dont know how, you can only see it if you look hard in the sunlight, feel like i'm being too fussy but it might develop into something bigger. My only problem now is it a 300k round trip so will need to figure out a time.