Coromal Element 626

funstopper

Apr 2, 2012
Central Coast, NSW
Hi guys,

I have been floating around this site for a while but the time has come to buy a triple bunk van since we sold our Flamingo camper.

I have been throwing around the idea of getting a new car to replace the under rated towing capacity of my stupid Hilux.

I have found a 2014 model Coromal 626 Triple bunk which is borderline on weight of my Hilux (2250kg), but having grown up the son of a ex jayco dealer, I have no knowledge of the Coromal. Down side it wouldn't be a offroad model but I was thinking I could live with that.

Starcraft 20ft and Expanda 20ft seem heavier.

Any opinions on Coromal Element v StarCraft out there? Resale quality etc...

Thanks
Scott

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
interesting a 20" comes in under 2250.. Our 17" comes in 2155 and does not have a shower/toilet.
Friends have older Coromal and happy with it.
They seem similar to Jayco build wise not glossy like a New Age or some of the others.

How do you think the Hi Lux will handle almost full loaad?

funstopper

Apr 2, 2012
Central Coast, NSW
Lol, I'm not confident that the hilux will tow it well. Going to take it for a spin with a 20ft Sterling and see how it goes on the weekend.

Probably leaning towards getting rid of it and buying something else but can't see what is the standout choice of tug for me.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Coromals are a good unit we looked at them a few times, the 626s, they tend to be nose heavy with both water tanks at the front, very poor acces to the tunnel boot though. They are resonably light for their size due to the aluminium construction, also full independant suspension on all models.

Last edited: