Electrical Control panel water tanks reading back to front

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
Hi, I have one of the older Coast to Coast control panels. The tanks are reading back to front which is annoying. I read that its as simple as reversing the wires on the back. Is this correct and is it the two wires shown on the left of the picture? Thanks

IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0523.JPG

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
Hi, me again. I haven't had the courage yet to just reverse any wires - so I'm wondering if anyone has actually done this. If so, which wires in my photo are changed around? TIA

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looking at the good book, the Green wire is full, Yellow is 2/3rds and the Blue is 1/3rd left, white is for empty, so just swapping those around should do it, getting them mixed up won't cause it to blow up or anything just give incorrect readings.
I'm assuming they are showing the wrong tanks but even if they are reading empty when full or Mickey Verta match the colours and all should be good unless they used odd wires from the tanks..................................................HNY

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
Thanks Drover. I couldn't find a 'good book'. Looking at the back of my panel - photo attached - it seems its not as simple as just swapping a couple of bayonets. I wish it was. Behind the panel there is a tangle of wires; a number of them to do with the Fusion stereo. To get at them would be quite a chore. It's a mess. It seems there was not much care or thought when the van was assembled. I'm also guessing that unfortunately there was no thought or care about which gauge read which tank. 50/50 chance of getting it right! I love my JJ, but its the little things in build quality that are annoying - and avoidable. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 153

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh mate, welcome to the club, your not alone, I would just try and track the cables, can be a pain should be a separate harness, maybe 2 running down to tanks......using my phone, when I get to a decent unit I will see what I can dig up in way off a diagram.

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
Hi, I've had a 'blokes look' (which as you know is not a good look) for the wires to the sensor in each tank. It's not obvious and it's cramped in my carport - so I may have to pull the van out for a better look. I fear the sensor may be protected by the shield at the front of each tank - which would need to be removed. Does anyone know where the sensor is located on each each water tank? TIA

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If any consolation they are not accurate so it may not be worth it........