16' Series Compliance plate tare weight

MarkAW

Jan 25, 2017
Point Cook
Axle group is 2,100 kg.

I spoke to service manager at the dealer i purchased. I'm going there on the weekend for another issue.

He said bring in the weigh bridge docket showing the 1,900kg. He will then take photos of front and rear of the van to make sure no aftermarket extras have been put on and send to Jayco.

He said something about Jayco having some extra capacity built into components

Go from there and see what happens. I'm not asking for an increase just the 375kg payload that should be there.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Hi

Loaded up the 16.49.4 Outback and went over the Broadford weigh bridge and was surprised to see we were over the 2,192 Atm figure slightly.

We have the external shower and two water tanks so we were supposed to have the 375kg payload due to the extra water tank.

I emptied the van and weighed at the local scrap metal yard

Actual Tare weight was 1,900 not the 1,817 stamped on the compliance plate.

ATM 2,192 - Tare 1,817 = 375kg (did Jayco just make these numbers up to equal 375kg payload?)

ATM 2,192 - less actual TARE 1,900 = 292kg.

Once the two water tanks and two gas bottles are full (that's 180kg) only leaves 112kg for food, clothes, generator, tools, bikes etc.

Has anyone had Jayco reweigh their van and adjust the compliance plate? Or will i be wasting time asking? If you don't ask you don't get anything so i will have a go and see what Jayco have to say.

Cheers
My 2015 ..16.49.1 Outback plate is ..Tare 1706 ATM 2006 , payload 300kg ...went over a weighbridge 12months ago and found out our ATM was 2200kgs fully loaded, we have since had a ATM upgrade done and have a new Qld Transport Modification Plate for 2200kgs.
Since then have started a new business called WEIGHTCHECK , have a look at our website: www.mobilecaravanweighing.com.au
Give me a call if you'd like any help or info

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
where did you get the ATM upgrade done and what sort of cost
Queensland Transport have changed the criteria for the issuing of modifications plates for caravans, so the guy who did mine is no yet re-certified, how ever we have recently done some work for Ben Doolan from Coastwide Engineering Solutions based on the Sunshine Coast. Ben's company, Coastwide ,and my business WEIGHTCHECK, were recently invited to the Caravanning Qld free weigh-in days, where Ben was kept busy doing many ATM upgrades . Each caravan has different limitations that determine if an ATM can be done and if so by how much, so check out his website and give him a call , but i'm sure he will be able to get you some kind of ATM increase. Cheers Wally

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

MarkAW

Jan 25, 2017
Point Cook
Took the van to the dealer on Saturday along with the weigh bridge ticket showing the tare of 1,900 kg. Dealer then took a few photos of the van and said he would write an email to Jayco.
Impression i got is there wasn't going to be an issue increasing the weights of the van and they did it fairly regularly from his comments. Wait and see how we go.

G Daddy

Dec 6, 2015
Toowoomba
Hi @wally , Thanks Ben was great to work with . Had the weights upgraded on Friday after fitting upgraded safety chains ( now 3500Kgs) as advised by Ben.
New weights ATM 2600Kgs up from 2171Kgs GTM 2400Kgs up from 2045Kgs and ball weight up to a max of 290Kgs

Reactions: wally and Drover

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Hi @wally , Thanks Ben was great to work with . Had the weights upgraded on Friday after fitting upgraded safety chains ( now 3500Kgs) as advised by Ben.
New weights ATM 2600Kgs up from 2171Kgs GTM 2400Kgs up from 2045Kgs and ball weight up to a max of 290Kgs
Hey G Daddy,
Thats sensational news, Ben does a great job , glad it all worked out. Have a great xmas might see you out on the road some day ...cheers Wally

Reactions: G Daddy