Christian & Alisas 20.64-1 OB

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
then usually needing to be lifted to go "up and over" into the drainage point.
Sullage pipe "hump" issues solved
20171228_075329.jpg

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Merry Christmas all!!

Overall pretty happy and ready for the trip in January!!

January trip was fantastic.

Ended up finding a few more cosmetic faults including the rear bed end hard lid cracking which is booked in (just as warranty was expiring) and some of the trim lifting.

6E7A9389-2582-40A8-99B3-E1408C5B859A.jpeg39460577-7D58-4BF9-BC57-107A0CBA622D.jpeg

But otherwise looks like I survived through the 12 month warranty period :)

Again thanks everyone for your help on this forum.

Ck

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Reactions: G Daddy

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Worked out to be $2700 for dual outlets installed. Didn’t do it myself because it was only $700 over cheapest price I could find (caravans plus) and included the gas certification.

Took almost 5 hours as getting it exactly how I wanted was a tedious job. Install looks pretty good.

Ck

Reactions: bigcol

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Worked out to be $2700 for dual outlets installed. Didn’t do it myself because it was only $700 over cheapest price I could find (caravans plus) and included the gas certification.

Took almost 5 hours as getting it exactly how I wanted was a tedious job. Install looks pretty good.

Ck
Thx.

reason for choosing Gas over Diesel? I am on the fence as to which way to go.

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
- Gas is already available (I have two bottles on board). Diesel would require an extra tank and another thing to carry as I don’t normally carry diesel and my genset is petrol although my car is diesel.
- Gas doesn’t require a pump so no chance of clicking sounds from the pump
- Gas doesn’t tend to have to ramp up as much as diesel. The diesel systems I looked at get more noisy at higher output. Gas tends to be the same with the exception of the fan speed.
- no smell or smoke
- don’t need to worry about water contamination or old fuel.

Although more expensive than diesel I think it’s worth it.

Chris

Last edited:

Coldspace

Jan 21, 2018
Shailer park
I'm going the new eco vario heat in our van soon for the same reason above..

We had the dometic diesel heater in last van for 10 years to keep the family happy to go free camping in winter all the time. It worked great except a few things.

Hated the clicking sound of the pump, I removed it and enclosed it in some thick insulation and remounted it, this made it a lot quieter but still could hear it in the dead of night which annoyed me more than the wife.

It used to sound like a jet engine one start up and had a few funny looks from other campers as the van was taxing down the run way lol.
I ended up fitting another exhaust muffler to the air intake side as at the time dometic had not imported intake silencer. This made it a lot better.

Had to always clean out old diesel and the end of winter and flush new stuff through at the start of next winter.

Service kit cost over $400 couple several years ago and was probably due again real soon but van was sold.

It was good for the time we had it and gas systems were not around at the time here.

But now, it's going to be the new Truma eco vario heat all the way for the benefits as mentioned above.

Cheers