Christian & Alisas 20.64-1 OB

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Why don't they invite a few people from the forums here to evaluate "new beta/prototype" models. I'm sure there would be a ton of small cheap fixes like this that cost no more to implement.

there you go @Macca_75 using that there Commonsense again

HOW DARE YOU

have you no shame my good man............?

think about what your suggesting mate
oh the pain
oh the agony

Reactions: Bluey and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
there you go @Macca_75 using that there Commonsense again

HOW DARE YOU

have you no shame my good man............?

think about what your suggesting mate
oh the pain
oh the agony
Ha. Jayco have gone to extraordinary lengths to create a slightly substandard product devoid of common sense design and with lip service to quality control. Do you have any idea how much work it takes a design team to come with a brilliant idea .... and then make it a stupid one.

Call me Victor the Predictor, but its precisely for the reasons @Macca_75 pointed out that I predict Jayco's foray into "off road" vans will disappear into the abyss. I think they have an awesome opportunity to take industry by storm and really upset the balance but they have one highly scrutinised shot at the title with most already doubting theyll be able to pull it off. They have the time, and a great opportunity to turn their design, build and quality control issues on its head, and address general consumer views of their product, but I suspect they underestimate the market place. Jayco will ignore the one commonly recurring thread that runs through every forum, conversation and review of their product; Jayco are perceived as a cheaper product, and you get what you pay for. Remove that "cheapness", and they dont have much to spruke.

They are pitting themselves against the big, expensive well established brands .... ask any of the owners of those other brands if theyd consider a Jayco, and I think we all know the answer they'd get. Shame, but I for one aren't surprised

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
I finally heard from the repairer and they have submitted the quote to jayco to repair the internal roof.

Looks like it the outside roof needs to be opened up like a tin can and all the wood and roof lining replaced. Sounds like a big job!

I haven't found any other warranty issues which is good. But be good to get the long list I have fixed before the warranty expires.

Chris

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
I finally heard from the repairer and they have submitted the quote to jayco to repair the internal roof.

Looks like it the outside roof needs to be opened up like a tin can and all the wood and roof lining replaced. Sounds like a big job!

I haven't found any other warranty issues which is good. But be good to get the long list I have fixed before the warranty expires.

My warranty claim has finally been approved. But still isn't booked in.

To make matters worse I have since found a few more faults including the hot water pressure release valve that seems to leak excessively and when when I played with it has this massive vibration thing happening.

Here is a video: http://www.kraushaus.com/Caravan/i-MrQqJRf

I'm assuming it isn't normal.. anyone had this before?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My warranty claim has finally been approved. But still isn't booked in.

To make matters worse I have since found a few more faults including the hot water pressure release valve that seems to leak excessively and when when I played with it has this massive vibration thing happening.

Here is a video: http://www.kraushaus.com/Caravan/i-MrQqJRf

I'm assuming it isn't normal.. anyone had this before?
Nope .... knackered me thinks

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Finished the permanent washing machine hose hookup and upgrading the drain outlet to 40mm really strong/thick (and stiff) grey $15 a meter agriculture pipe.

By way of a follow up I finally managed to get a few washes done and happy to report it works really well.

Only drama has been the suds (not water) have been overflowing from the drain pipe next to the washing machine (that the flexible hose goes into)

I've fixed it temporarily by wrapping a dish cloth around the flexible pipe and shoving it into the drain. Am planning on doing Crusty181s fix as described here http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/washing-machine-drain.6656/#post-181183 for a permanent fix.

Chris.

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Nope .... knackered me thinks

I did rip the guts out of my mains pressure limiting valve but I would have through that wouldn't be the cause as the hot water pressure should be much higher.

Loving the van but not having much luck with all these warranty issues. At least they are all small issues with the exception of the roof needing to be re done.

Chris

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I did rip the guts out of my mains pressure limiting valve but I would have through that wouldn't be the cause as the hot water pressure should be much higher.

Loving the van but not having much luck with all these warranty issues. At least they are all small issues with the exception of the roof needing to be re done.

Chris
Sometimes you'd be forgiven Jayco's are designed on the fly by work experience kids

Reactions: bigcol

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Finally have my van booked in for some of the warranty items on the 22nd.

Found another issue. Paper is lifting off the wood under the fridge :-(

IMG_3078.JPG IMG_3077.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3077.JPG
    IMG_3077.JPG
    334 KB · Views: 411

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
I don't know if this is normal but I've been noticing the finish in a few parts is pretty ordinary.

Here are two examples where the laminate is chipped underneath next to the oven and on the slide.

IMG_3076.JPG IMG_3074.JPG

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
On a positive note (for a change) I managed to fix one of the issues myself.

The fridge door when it had stuff in it would not close properly unless you pushed it closed. It was catching at the bottom of the door.

A fix is available from Thetford. Call them and they will send you thes c-clips to put on the hinge to raise the door slightly.

IMG_3072.JPG

Reactions: Bluey and bigcol

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Finally have my van booked in for some of the warranty items on the 22nd.

Found another issue. Paper is lifting off the wood under the fridge :-(

View attachment 56885 View attachment 56886
This issue with the paper under the fridge your going to have to be careful when you have the new one fitted this is caused by the fridge defrosting after a trip you need to dry the fridge out with a towel and this won't happen again.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
This issue with the paper under the fridge your going to have to be careful when you have the new one fitted this is caused by the fridge defrosting after a trip you need to dry the fridge out with a towel and this won't happen again.

looks more to me like the "iron-on" paper
wasn't iron-on'd properly

it is right at the bottom of the cupboard under the fridge - it looks like to me..........
(still halfway through first coffee - so I may not be looking with both eyes in conjunction as yet...........)

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
looks more to me like the "iron-on" paper
wasn't iron-on'd properly

it is right at the bottom of the cupboard under the fridge - it looks like to me..........
(still halfway through first coffee - so I may not be looking with both eyes in conjunction as yet...........)
That's what water does when it gets behind the paper laminate I see it a lot in bathrooms and at the base of showers on vans.

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
10011F85-E9A7-40DF-9B3A-762218E762ED.jpeg 6AAD4D35-16B2-4DC0-B2EA-0373BB54617A.jpeg

Latest mod - we’ll kinda

Got sick of draws getting stuck and having to break into them.

Solution - some blue Loctite on the brass screw to stop it getting loose and falling off.

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Merry Christmas all!!

I finally got my van back from the repair shop.

They did a good job on the roof and window although a few bits of silicone are still needed in the joins where they took the roof panel off in the shower and broke the silicone but didn’t re-silicone after refixing.

I had them replace the main PRV as well as after removing the spring on the jayco one I noticed the PRV on the hot water unit would leak in areas of high pressure water supply. This seems to have fixed it but I had to unscrew and rotate as it was installed backwards :)

Otherwise managed to get two new roof hatches installed and the lifting trim under the fridge is now fixed.

Overall pretty happy and ready for the trip in January!!

Reactions: Crusty181 and Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
All going well i hope only advice i can give is the water pipes i made mine come on and off and 25mm pipe with a 32mm internal waste pipe pool hose from clark rubber works a treat my water flys out the sink and get under it with big cabel ties and make sure the clear hose has fall well as best as you can do will post pics of my water pipes later to show you

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
The main problem associated with drainage is almost always an air lock due to the sullage hose going onto the ground, then usually needing to be lifted to go "up and over" into the drainage point.

Try draining it with no sullage hose attached so there is no airlock.

The is one of the reasons I am considering fitting a grey waste tank as it will eliminate the air lock.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
The main problem associated with drainage is almost always an air lock due to the sullage hose going onto the ground, then usually needing to be lifted to go "up and over" into the drainage point.

Try draining it with no sullage hose attached so there is no airlock.

The is one of the reasons I am considering fitting a grey waste tank as it will eliminate the air lock.
I dont think they have a problem i just showed them mine but in saying that ive never had any issues with air lock