Christian & Alisas 20.64-1 OB

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Re drifter reliability...or lack thereof....I'm convinced the sensor type gauges are totally senseless.

We're on our third model and not one of them is close to reliable so have bitten the bullet and bought the Topargee. Well, hopefully, fit it in the next couple of weeks and I'll report on how it goes. On paper, it should give an accurate reading of litres used and litres remaining.

Toilet indicators often fail, in our experience. Ours was supposedly fixed a couple of times but I can't remember it working, ever.

Looks like you've added lots of extra shade protection with the tarp....

Enjoy the van....keep tinkering...it's fun!

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Toilet indicators often fail, in our experience. Ours was supposedly fixed a couple of times but I can't remember it working, ever.

Looks like you've added lots of extra shade protection with the tarp....

I'm going to upgrade to the thetford venting module in a few months anyway but was hoping to get it working before I start playing with it.

Yeah - shade protection is great. It's a shade cloth that goes into the sail track on the drum and I just raise it up. Works really well!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dobbie and bigcol

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
With all the discussion on the forum about bad water pressure I finally got around to removing the inside of the PLV. Pressure is now fantastic on mains :)

IMG_2706.JPG IMG_2707.JPG

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Nice. Where did all the wiring inside the van go? Is any of it visible and lastly what head unit are you hooking it up to?

The plug is on the A-Frame and cable goes into the existing hole into the beam and then comes out at the end of the A-Frame into a hole drilled into chassis rail. Then follows down to the end of the chassis rail and up into the bottom of the fiberglass and up to the top left rear marker light then over to where the camera is.

Had to remove the top right marker light and make the hole bigger in order fish the cable up. Resealed it with a heap of sikaflex.

Am hooking it up to a 7" screen on my dash.

Here are some photos.

IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2754.JPG

Reactions: bigcol

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
The plug is on the A-Frame and cable goes into the existing hole into the beam and then comes out at the end of the A-Frame into a hole drilled into chassis rail. Then follows down to the end of the chassis rail and up into the bottom of the fiberglass and up to the top left rear marker light then over to where the camera is.

Had to remove the top right marker light and make the hole bigger in order fish the cable up. Resealed it with a heap of sikaflex.

Am hooking it up to a 7" screen on my dash.

Here are some photos.

View attachment 49258 View attachment 49259
Nicely done.

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Finished the permanent washing machine hose hookup and upgrading the drain outlet to 40mm really strong/thick (and stiff) grey $15 a meter agriculture pipe.

As well as making the washing machine hose permanent it has also dramatically improved the drainage from sink and shower. Particularly the shower as the connectors on the other end of the clear hose were really small and there is much less backpressure from the drainage hose even when using a 5 meter hose. With the higher water flow in the van (with pressure reducer removed) the shower tray would become a bath - not anymore.

IMG_2776.JPG
Comes out of the discharge pipe and under the van to the other side

IMG_2778.JPG
Around the front water tank and back to the middle and through the hole in the beam.

IMG_2775.JPG
Then straight down the middle and over the pole carrier and over to the outlet area.

IMG_2774.JPG
Then joins up to a 40mm T-Piece. The existing plumbing joins up here as well - had to extend the line a little and install a new 25mm T-Piece as well before it goes into the 40mm T-Piece.

IMG_2773.JPG

And then out to a screw fitting for a 5 meter 40mm black marineflex (about $10 per meter) pipe to get rid of the water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey and bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Finished the permanent washing machine hose hookup and upgrading the drain outlet to 40mm really strong/thick (and stiff) grey $15 a meter agriculture pipe.

As well as making the washing machine hose permanent it has also dramatically improved the drainage from sink and shower. Particularly the shower as the connectors on the other end of the clear hose were really small and there is much less backpressure from the drainage hose even when using a 5 meter hose. With the higher water flow in the van (with pressure reducer removed) the shower tray would become a bath - not anymore.

View attachment 49379
Comes out of the discharge pipe and under the van to the other side

View attachment 49380
Around the front water tank and back to the middle and through the hole in the beam.

View attachment 49381
Then straight down the middle and over the pole carrier and over to the outlet area.

View attachment 49382
Then joins up to a 40mm T-Piece. The existing plumbing joins up here as well - had to extend the line a little and install a new 25mm T-Piece as well before it goes into the 40mm T-Piece.

View attachment 49383

And then out to a screw fitting for a 5 meter 40mm black marineflex (about $10 per meter) pipe to get rid of the water.
Nice job, but where did the WM discharge before ?

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Why don't they invite a few people from the forums here to evaluate "new beta/prototype" models. I'm sure there would be a ton of small cheap fixes like this that cost no more to implement.

Couldn't agree more. I guess they already have market share so it appears they don't really seem to care. It is a shame because it would make an otherwise good product into an outstanding product.

Reactions: 1DayIll