Christian & Alisas 20.64-1 OB

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
IMG_2427.JPG IMG_2429.JPG IMG_2435.JPG
Finally picked the baby up from Port Maquarie on Friday.

Travelled really well and very happy.

Went with the following:
- Standard Drawbar
- Oven Upgrade
- Extra rear bayonet point
- Extra external twin 12 volt outlets near door (for portable fridge/freezer)
- Extra 12 volt near tv outlet inside (for charging phones while running TV)
- extra rear 12 volt / double 240v on rear storage cupboard (for kids to charge devices while in rear bed)
- extra twin 12 volt on slide out next to existing 240v power (to run fridges while towing).
- 150watt solar upgrade
- Anderson Plug to battery
- External entertainment unit
- TV bracket
- 3kg washing machine
- Bed Converter for lounge
- Two external fold down tables
- Two external awning lights
- Extra pullout draw under back dinette seat
- Storm Covers (front and back)

Tare 2599

Thanks to Warren for all the advice and help!!

Just sits on my front lawn - time to get some concrete and let the mods begin!!!

IMG_2412.JPG IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2440.JPG IMG_2441.JPG IMG_2442.JPG IMG_2443.JPG IMG_2444.JPG
IMG_2446.JPG IMG_2445.JPG

Last edited:

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
So far only faults found are:

- front water tank shows as full even if I empty it on the drifter Control Panel (rear tank works fine)
- on metal strip between ceiling panels over the rear bunks they have been damaged during installation and are bent out of shape.

I didn't notice it till I got home even though I went over every inch :-(

IMG_2432.JPG IMG_2433.JPG

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Second mod.

Had an Anderson plug installed and they wired it to the battery and didn't put the negative on the Drifter Control Panel shunt.

This means when charging from Car or with my portable solar plugged in the drifter won't recognize the input power.

Easy fix. Just move the negative wire from the battery terminal to the shunt.

While I was there I noticed the ST III is no longer supplied but instead the J35 charger is supplied on 2017 models. This means it also has an auxiliary wire plugged into the charger from pin 2 and the J35 automatically disables the slideout when there is auxiliary power - really annoying as I have to disconnect (or install an ignition relay) to open slide with car hooked up.

Reactions: warren cook

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Third mod - not sure if it counts as a mod really.

Purchased the sphere wireless control for the lighting and programmed it all up.

Programmed button 1 as a all lights on then the remainder for kitchen/lounge, bunks, bathroom and awning.

Great for only $40.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
You're on a roll....and it's only Sunday!

I am equally disgusted with the drifter panel...unreliable to say the least.

But glad your baby has finally arrived....when are you trying it out?

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
I had the same issue with the drifter but in reverse, when filling it said empty even though it was spilling out. It was just a delay in the reading as after a minute it gave the correct reading.

Reactions: ChrisFatboySydney

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Second mod.

Had an Anderson plug installed and they wired it to the battery and didn't put the negative on the Drifter Control Panel shunt.

This means when charging from Car or with my portable solar plugged in the drifter won't recognize the input power.

Easy fix. Just move the negative wire from the battery terminal to the shunt.

While I was there I noticed the ST III is no longer supplied but instead the J35 charger is supplied on 2017 models. This means it also has an auxiliary wire plugged into the charger from pin 2 and the J35 automatically disables the slideout when there is auxiliary power - really annoying as I have to disconnect (or install an ignition relay) to open slide with car hooked up.
That would've annoying, we open our slideout all the time with the car attached

Reactions: Smirke and bigcol

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
That would've annoying, we open our slideout all the time with the car attached

It is. Am thinking just putting in a relay to drop the power when ignition is off.

Other option is to just disconnect the aux input on the J35 - it doesn't do anything else other than to disable the slideout and charge the battery. But I have a separate Anderson plug already so don't need it. Can't disconnect pin 2 because that drives the ESC as well.

The only plus is the slide out can't accidentally open.

Ck

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
when I fitted mine (1st batch of these bed end covers) no-one knew just how to fit them, so mine is on the outside edge of the lid
this also explains why mine are about 10mm too short one end................. :)

Reactions: ChrisFatboySydney

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
How does the MUX go towing it ?

I would have thought it might be close to the wind weight wise ?

Perfect. I got the van up to 110 on flat areas and no sway - rock solid even with with the wind from the storms happening at the moment in NSW.

Although going up hills the MUX drops down to 80 but it did that with my last 2t van as well.

Tare is 2599 and when I brought it home both water tanks were full so I figure it was up at 2.8t including the gas bottles.

Once all loaded I'm taking it over a weighbridge to double check it's under 3t as I would like to stay legal.

All I've done is added airbags to the MUX to keep it level which worked perfectly!!

Ck

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
when I fitted mine (1st batch of these bed end covers) no-one knew just how to fit them, so mine is on the outside edge of the lid
this also explains why mine are about 10mm too short one end................. :)

Do your windows line up? My storm covers have smaller windows on the side than the internal windows. Not sure if this is a fault or mistake by Jayco or actually normal..

3F245351-8807-49A7-9974-3367D2645653.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Fifth mod

Moved the divider in the front boot about 100mm to the pump. Now my longer Aussie traveler anti flap kit actually fits in the front boot.

The 100mm pole carrier carries the spreader bar and some tarp poles.

IMG_2453.JPG

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.