Interior Carpet what have you used?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
This is our second van with that hobnail carpet. It's great it stays down well and doesn't need anything. Shame it's finished.

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
thanks guys, Hopefully done Saturday.
Yes had to go to a few green sheds to find it we looked at it before after seeing Jimmy's work.
They only had the brown left which was lucky as the colour I wanted.. I was working out if we do carpet tiles although we have a few areas I would of been left with 10 or 15cm bits and 1m square pieces are not cheap if you do not want grey or grey :)
IMG_1668.JPG

Have a nice long straight ruler and new blades and some ply to put under.
Although I am going to play this one smart. I double check it all and get Sarah to Cut :)
After I slipped with the drill and scratched the cupboard putting in the pull down powerboard I am still in the bad books :)

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I put carpet in the Starcraft today. I used an old piece of thin canvas for a template I used to use the canvas as storm covers on the expanda we had. It worked well. I picked up some carpet from a local manufacturer for $50. Will see how it goes.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Carpeted our van today.
Template stage all went well, cupboards are realativly square...used some mesh for this. Measured the van out first then fine tuned it in the van
image.jpeg
Marked and ready to cut
image.jpeg
And all done. With a couple of extra mats from the off cut to further protect the step area.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
This is the first time we've put carpet in a van. Think it's turned out great. No more gritty feeling under foot.
Took around 2/3 hrs (was in no rush)
Cost $70
Only added 2/3 kg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
well done @Pauly we only got the paper template ready to go, it got late between kids sport and kids :) Probably 3+ hours on it so far fiddley bits and bad knees does not help
Cut it tomorrow in the light. Did brown paper so wait for it to rip when we take it out he he hopefully not

Attachments

• IMG_1696.JPG
    IMG_1696.JPG
    830.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    916.8 KB · Views: 190

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
It's funny everybody puting heaters and carpet in for winter!!

We actually didn't go with carpet so much for the cold but at the beach and outback. The sand under feet on the Lino drives us nuts and you were for ever sweeping the van. With the carpet your van just gets progressively heavier each seaside visit but you don't need to sweep it out lol

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Don't see the issue, most boats have carpet it's just more functional but each to their own. The other plus is the brand new floor your used van has when you go to sell it.

Id never have it permanently fixed but floating is great.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Nice day in Melb today so did not start until late footy in the morning then went to market etc.. then remembered it gets dark early :)
Kids helping :) I wish the truth is he came needing to be fed, they been hard at it cleaning their room. Sorry should I say playing in their room and trampoline and where after some snacks :) 4 boys running around always need more fuel hence a large fruit bowl :)