Caravaning and Thermomix

FunFun

Jul 21, 2012
West Australia
Just a quick question on who uses there Thermomix in the Caravan? I have a Thermomix already and just brought a van, just wondering how many people use one.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
FunFun, I just looked it up on the web, they go for around $1500. :fear: Not really the sort of thing to add to my van cupboard but they certainly look versatile.

FunFun

Jul 21, 2012
West Australia
It is a machine that does everything, grate, chop, stir,puree, etc. I already have it in the home, just one machine that makes a meal, with nearly no dishes. Love it.

Marilyn

Nov 1, 2014
Hi – I have just joined and saw this conversation of two years ago. Is there anyone out there taking their Thermomix on road trips and camping? As FunFun said it does so much and saves heaps of time when you’re taking a well earned holiday-- and cooking is not my priority of the day! I’d love to get some recipe ideas – from our last trip I planned ahead made dips, cooked rice, made smoothies, lots of salads, steamed vegies, risotto, mashed potato. And scones! Has anyone made bread or damper dough in their TM? Our Baby Weber and the Thermomix are just the best ‘must take’ items for us... plan on baking bread next trip.

Reactions: Nagga's

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I might be wrong, but finding the bench space to put the TM could be difficult. Probably have to set it up on the floor.

If my wife leaves me I might get one of these.

Reactions: blacky

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
We got a tm this year and took it on our last trip the river for a week. Made pancake mix, dips, stirfry, muffins, sorbet, pizza dough, brownies and a bit more. Not an issue for us with bench space. Will be a permanent fixture in our van for future trips.

Reactions: Nagga's

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
I do love my camp oven though, in winter time we can cook most meals in it.. its my (cold weather) necessary accessory. and nothing beats damper fresh from the camp oven :)

Reactions: ash99 and bigcol

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
My wifey has a thermomix and turns out a brilliant feed. But.... it does NOT go in the van. Too big and takes up way too much space and as we have a lot of time away with now 240 it's a waste.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
yes I got one for my wife , she loves it uses it a lot , bread so quick pizza dough so nice , sometimes steams chicken and vegies and makes soup underneath at same time heaps of food for baby make ur own stock , mills flour smashes ice like u wouldn't believe ,
its all about healthy cooking so ur not getting stuff from supermarket of corse it doesn't do everything like cook a roast , but for what it dose its really good hang on I should sell these

Last edited: