Caravan TV

Jared01

Oct 28, 2016
Sydney
Hello,

I am currently researching what TV to buy for our Caravan.

I am considering Kogan and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-24-led-tv-dvd-combo-series-6-lh6000/

We have a Jayco Starcraft with Wineguard antenna.

Any experience with the Kogan TV's or other cheap models?
Do they suffer from not being able to pickup some TV channels in remote areas whereas a quality TV may be able to?

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Yes there not bad I bought one, only thing I would say is that you have to look at them straight on any major angle you can't see the screen the picture disappears.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I've got one similar to this. Benefit being if there's any issues, walk back Into the shop with it and ask for a repair/replacement.

As a recommendation, The Goodguys were helpful with a 12 volt set top box that stopped working a year out of warranty. I quoted the Australian Consumer Gurantee and they were helpful in sending it back for repair on the basis that a set top box should last at least two years (regardless of the manufacturers or 'extended' warranty you have).

PS. TV still going 4 years later.

Reactions: Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ive got both well i blew up the kogan one with a bad 12 volt lead the fuse in the lead went so i wraped cigerett paper in the fuse and there went my tv noat to self dont do that
Anyway i think the GVA is much better ..... better sound.... size of the unit ... no dramas tuning in ..... i run normal tv and satellite tv all good i think its good to able to walk into a shop and bye it and take it back if anything happens
When i travell tv goes in between the matress folded up in bed end but you have to quickly unscrew the base of tv dont loose the screws they go in overhead cupboard

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have found the Aldi TVs to be great, come in 240/12 with the leads, DVD player and a full range of plugs for everything, USB, HDMI, CoAx, etc will pick up the latest HD channels which use the mp4 format, if you have a winegard snowflake aerial you will pickup stations all over the country, that is horizontal or vertical transmissions but if it's just a standard horizontal winegard you won't always get the vertical transmission , no matter what TV you get.

Reactions: 1DayIll and bigcol

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I got a 28" Palsonic on sale before DSE went.
Was the biggest 12v I could find at the time and size matters :)
The Menu system is the same as the Sphere we got with the Starcraft.

I know plenty of people who have the Kogan and happy.
Aldi or JB etc
Depends on the price I say quality not be much different.

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hello,

I am currently researching what TV to buy for our Caravan.

I am considering Kogan and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-24-led-tv-dvd-combo-series-6-lh6000/

We have a Jayco Starcraft with Wineguard antenna.

Any experience with the Kogan TV's or other cheap models?
Do they suffer from not being able to pickup some TV channels in remote areas whereas a quality TV may be able to?
Im a Kogan TV junkie, and I have found everyone of the 8 or 9 Ive purchased over the years pretty awesome really. One particular unit's sound was a touch "tinny", but I could adjust that and none of the other have suffered the same. Current active Kogans are 2 in the van, one in my bedroom, one out in the back room (entertainment for a bike trainer and treadmill), and one in the office at the factory. Sizes range from 19in to 28in and a mix of DVD and non DVD ... plus a couple of the old ones sitting around somewhere. Each of the currently used 5 are great, and you cant beat the price. I cant fault them.

As for issues with Kogan products; there is no shop front but Kogan customer service work well. For me, I find Kogan customer service works better than shop fronts. I whinge via email, I explain the issue, they email me a Kogan prepaid despatch docket which I stick on the box, drop the box at a Post Office, and like magic a new one arrives in the post a week later. More convenient for me than a shop front, you just need to keep the box to make it easy. The other great thing with Kogan is every product has a extended warranty option which you likely wont find elsewhere.

All little TVs are a lower quality than the big ones and I wouldnt buy a large Kogan. My in-laws have a large 60in Kogan LED and for the price its pretty good, but I wouldnt want pretty good, I want "best" in my lounge TV.

The little ones are great and equal to anything else on the market. All early LEDs had that screen darkening side, but that.s no longer the case. My picture only disappears when I can longer see the glass, or Im in the room next door. All the smaller Kogans are 12v. Our 24in is 12v, and the office 28in is 240v

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Why do you need to train a bike ??????................Does it leak ???????

Jared01

Oct 28, 2016
Sydney
Thanks for all the feedback.

We ended up buying a GVA 23.6" model with built-in DVD player from The Good Guys for $209 with the 12v adaptor included at the price.

Tested briefly at home and seems pretty good.

Will see how it goes in the Caravan.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
my mind instantly asked how big is this van - a bedroom and a room out the back with a bike trainer and treadmill.

What he did not say is the Bike Trainer and Treadmill is for his pet Hampster :D

Why do you need to train a bike ??????................Does it leak ???????

How do you get anything done wayching all that tv @Crusty181 or Mr square eyes im allways finding new names for you Tech boy oh whats happening on home and away hows Alf going

I feel like I just come out of the ring with Mike Tyson. :o :boxing-25: :black_eyed:

Reactions: G Daddy and Bluey