16' Series Caravan Covers

mime_perth

Nov 4, 2017
Perth WA
Hi All

Ive used the search function but cant find the answer. Which size cover do I get for my 16.49-3OB? I now realise the 16ft seems to be the internal cabin dimension not the overal length!?

Im going to get the Adco cover while my carport is built so its staying out of the sun but do I go for the 16-18 or 18-20. I had one for the Jayco Dove and got the bigger size but it seemed to be hanging off it everywhere and rubbing the exterior so just after some advice on which size fits nicely for those that use a cover

Cheers
Mike

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi All

Ive used the search function but cant find the answer. Which size cover do I get for my 16.49-3OB? I now realise the 16ft seems to be the internal cabin dimension not the overal length!?

Im going to get the Adco cover while my carport is built so its staying out of the sun but do I go for the 16-18 or 18-20. I had one for the Jayco Dove and got the bigger size but it seemed to be hanging off it everywhere and rubbing the exterior so just after some advice on which size fits nicely for those that use a cover

Cheers
Mike
Hi @mime_perth and welcome.

I would strongly recommend getting a tape measure and checking the actual dimensions of your van, and then when looking at the covers, look at the actual metric dimensions.

I have a 21ft van and got caught buying a cover supposedly for 20-22ft.

It was nearly a metre short.

I purchased another cover shown as a 22’ but with the correct metric dimensions, and it fitted like a glove.

Reactions: Delano and bigcol
Oct 12, 2015
Newcastle
anyone had troubles with mould when having the cover on?

I had mine for a a few months and when I removed it has spots of mould on the exterior?

Haven't used it since, but thinking I should to provide extra protection...

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
anyone had troubles with mould when having the cover on?

I had mine for a a few months and when I removed it has spots of mould on the exterior?

Haven't used it since, but thinking I should to provide extra protection...
I’ve had my cover on since new in 2014, no issues with mould.

Mine has vents and is waterproof