Cape York Here We Come

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
A few more pics (just to annoy @Drover)
Mt Carbine to Daintree.jpg On the road from Mt Carbine to Daintree. DSC_3168.JPG Daintree River, Daintree Village

Noah NP Beach.jpg Beach at Noah NP. DSC_3230.JPG DSC_3231.JPG Bloomfield Falls, Wudjal Wudjal

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nah went for a drive to Double Island Point .............I know they are sitting at the back of the Big 4 at Airlie Beach enjoying a dip in the pool and using pics from some other blog.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Nah went for a drive to Double Island Point .............I know they are sitting at the back of the Big 4 at Airlie Beach enjoying a dip in the pool and using pics from some other blog.
Youve missed the ball @Drover, Im struggling to see how you see Airlie Beach as a poor cousin to the Daintree. Im sure you could have found another comparison ... may the Alice Springs tip!!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Youve missed the ball @Drover, Im struggling to see how you see Airlie Beach as a poor cousin to the Daintree. !

Lost me !!!!!! I was referring to them lazing in luxury in the pool saving fuel and energy but posting pics to make the rest envious...............besides Airlie might be a nice park but the area is too Touristy for me, pretty views with parking meters, nah.......

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mehehehe, it comes and goes..........................looking forward to Chartrocks next update, I hear there's tarred roads around Coen now.

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
There is a lot of tar up there these days but still a bit of a way to go to finish it all, although someone said they hope to be tarred to Weipa by the end of 2018 so they will be busy.

The gravel is a little ordinary at the minute (as of the end of last week anyway!) but nothing a little less tyre pressure and a little less forward momentum can't overcome.

It is tarred all the way to Laura from the south and it seems they are sealing more and more every week up there at the minute. I am in two minds about it, in one way it will make it better but at the same time it will make it worse as Everyman and his dog will be able to go up there and in all likelyhood over a greater portion of the year. Will certainly reduce the 'frontier' feel a tad anyway:apologetic:

Reactions: Drover

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Time for a quick update, now sitting at Cullens Beach, Mapoon, 80 km north of Weipa. We finally made the tip earlier this week, stayed at Seisia for 4 nights. After Daintree we covered the Bloomfield track then to Cooktown, stayed 2 nights for a look around then up to Captain Billy's Landing, Stayed 2 nights but the wind was howling so did not wet a line, Stopped a night at Musgrave Roadhouse and another at Bramwell Roadhouse Called in to Fruit Bat Falls and stayed at Elliot Falls, really nice spots, even had a swim.

The Tip was just what we had hoped, a 600 metre walk over rocks and we were there.
DSC_3517.JPG

Sorry, no more pics as that took 15 minutes to load. Lousy internet connections up here. Will try again in Cairns (two weeks)

Ssil2000

Jan 27, 2017
Adelaide
Time for a quick update, now sitting at Cullens Beach, Mapoon, 80 km north of Weipa. We finally made the tip earlier this week, stayed at Seisia for 4 nights. After Daintree we covered the Bloomfield track then to Cooktown, stayed 2 nights for a look around then up to Captain Billy's Landing, Stayed 2 nights but the wind was howling so did not wet a line, Stopped a night at Musgrave Roadhouse and another at Bramwell Roadhouse Called in to Fruit Bat Falls and stayed at Elliot Falls, really nice spots, even had a swim.

The Tip was just what we had hoped, a 600 metre walk over rocks and we were there.View attachment 56095
Sorry, no more pics as that took 15 minutes to load. Lousy internet connections up here. Will try again in Cairns (two weeks)

awesome! bucket list stuff right there!

:rockon:

Reactions: chartrock