Canvas replacement costs?

kavs

Dec 30, 2012
Kalgoorlie, WA
I just bought a 09 18.57.6 for a bargain price and the only thing wrong with it is there is a lot of mould in the canvas!
I have cleaned it with some solution from a canvas place but that did bugger all! Then I tried a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water. That got a bit of the smaller stuff off but not the worst of it! Any other suggestions?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
There is a book by Shannon Lush that discusses all things regarding stain removal.
We have the book but it is at home. If someone has a copy of that book handy it goes into removal of mould.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Our first Expanda had bad mould when we bought it. We used domestos and water and a softbrush, total pr1ck of a job but it removed it. Only thing you need to keep the brush away from the stitching as the chlorine will destroy the stitching. If I was doing it again I would consider removing the canvas and do it on the ground where I could use a pressure washer as well.

Good luck.

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
I just bought a 09 18.57.6 for a bargain price and the only thing wrong with it is there is a lot of mould in the canvas!
I have cleaned it with some solution from a canvas place but that did bugger all! Then I tried a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water. That got a bit of the smaller stuff off but not the worst of it! Any other suggestions?

was going to suggest a sail maker as they get mold on stored damp sails, then realised you are in the outback.

regards shiraz

kavs

Dec 30, 2012
Kalgoorlie, WA
Well I was a bit sceptical when I finally got hold of some 30 seconds outdoor cleaner. But OMG this stuff is bloody awesome after spending 2days using other stuff, the outdoor cleaner literally took only 30 seconds for the mould to dissolve in front of my very own eyes! I was amazed, it cleaned the canvas so well that I had to spray it on the rest of the canvas because the cleaned canvas stood out like dogs balls compared with the non sprayed canvas, now it looks brand new. The only down side was that she is no longer water proof, but a tin of water proofing solution from my local canvas shop fixed that! :)