20' Series Canvas or vinyl annex?

Kate File

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney, Australia
We are going to look at our new Expanda 20.63-1 and choose an annex out at St Mary's.
We have always been canvas people, in our previous Expanda and tents and loved canvas. At the Sydney camping show,people were telling us the new vinyl annexes are better.
What do people think?
Ps we are looking at our pre-ordered van all ready to go, but have to wait 3 weeks for our new car to tow it!!!

Jul 4, 2014
Engadine
We are going to look at our new Expanda 20.63-1 and choose an annex out at St Mary's.
We have always been canvas people, in our previous Expanda and tents and loved canvas. At the Sydney camping show,people were telling us the new vinyl annexes are better.
What do people think?
Ps we are looking at our pre-ordered van all ready to go, but have to wait 3 weeks for our new car to tow it!!!
We have the kakadu vinyl annex and it is really easy set up,to clean, wipe the dew off etc. But saying that we are new to it and see how it goes long term So far so happy.

Darrin

Sep 5, 2013
Birkdale Qld
We have a canvas "Gumnut" and the annex on the Swan was the same , canvas "Gumnut". A bit heavy to lug around but we only use the annex probably twice a year, its good quality and strong and durable . Lots of doors and windows too .

Cheers

Reactions: Kate File

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
I vote for the canvas. We have had 3 camper trailers, all canvas. An eagle with Kakadu canvas walls. Now the expanda with a Not Just Canvas annex. The Not Just Canvas annex is the light weight canvas so drys quick and light to carry round. Never had any problems with packing up wet, as I am fanatic about cleaning camping gear, so always set up and wash and dry when home. Also find the canvas breathes a bit better.

Reactions: @nnie

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Always been a fan of canvas, don't see to many vinyl tents around.
Have seen some annexes canvas with a bottom 300mm vinyl to the ground, guess that would giv u the best of both worlds.
Have had both canvas and vinyl canopies on boats, canvas lasted and looked better after years, fades a bit,
Vinyl faded and cracked, also shrunk a fair bit to the point hard to stretch onto press studs.
That's been my experiences.

Maybe when Kevlar comes down in price we will see a Kevlar annexe, hey why not they make jeans for motorcycles out of Kevlar.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Canvas for me had a vinyl one on old expanda never again was harder and heavy to set up and fold up . But saying that I going for a vinyl water proof bed fly

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
I had the canvas on the old jaco thought partner would rub away canvas the way he kept cleaning it got new van they said it's the new vinyl to be honest I can't tell the difference between the two maybe vinyl lighter that's about it they both do the job

Brettmc

Oct 18, 2012
Perth
@Colin&Sue
Maybe when Kevlar comes down in price we will see a Kevlar annexe, hey why not they make jeans for motorcycles out of Kevlar.
They have made Kevlar lined and Kevlar/denim mix jeans for awhile now had a pair about 10 years ago.