Camping Website

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think I played with it ages ago, maybe not long after it started similar to another one but found it a bit clunky and a pain on the phone, WikiCamps has it all wrapped up I think, especially when I got it at about $3

Reactions: Pauly

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I think I played with it ages ago, maybe not long after it started similar to another one but found it a bit clunky and a pain on the phone, WikiCamps has it all wrapped up I think, especially when I got it at about $3

Hi @Drover,
I can't use WikiCamps since I don't have an iPhone or a windows laptop, don't like iPads, and they don't support Mac laptops.

Finding a good solution is still on my ToDo list.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I dont like Apple stuff so my phone and tablet are Android and WiKi camps works fine.

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That sounds like the solution.

Wiki is a great app....either on iPad or Lappy.

It's saved us so many times it's not funny....the offline content option we used today while sitting in an emergency stopping bay (it was just far too wet to drive...no visibility at all).....and were able to review all our options. We shared the bay with tradies trucks, small sedans and a big rig!

That's very reassuring in the conditions we encountered today.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
I have had it for a while but do not use it anywhere near as much as wiki camps. As @Drover said it is a bit clunky but better than nothing. Another I occasionally use is camping around Australia. In my opinion wiki camps is hands down the best but it's nice to cross check sometimes . I'd be purchasing it before it goes up much more, Was free many moons ago now it's $8 but still well worth it.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Cheaper than a cup of coffee in many places....

I'm also an intermittent user of the "places" option on this forum....but realised I haven't checked it for a while...so must get back into it.

Our current wanderings were inspired by a rainy afternoon's look at 'Places' .....maybe that was a sign and I should have expected the current deluge.

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Our Camps 7 book has hardly been used we tend to run with WiKi Camps and Google Earth with a big RACQ paper Map to sort out our Wanderings.
Need to read a few of the comments though to get the general view of the places as you can find some downright stupid people , the scary thing is some are serious. How dare they refuse pets always gets me, they get so indignant, or the grass isn't mowed, I feel like putting my own comment to the nongs, it's a free camp you moron. One place a dingbat was complaining about the long grass, they were there when the bloke with the slasher turned up but couldn't mow because the place was full of vans.......

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Yep....you got that right!

We had a couple camped next to us last week who grumbled the whole time, played his music really loudly, had a shower without any sullage runoff whatsoever, dug a trench around his awning, dug a huge hole for his jockey wheel, carried the fat from his frypan and dumped it in the river then, when they left, dug out his tent pegs with a spade and left eight unfilled holes.

He sat with his binoculars and told everyone, loudly, how beautiful nature was.

He's probably still complaining about the unmown grass and poor access....and about the birds who pood on his van.

You get them on all sites and wiki is no exception but, as said, read lots of comments...they'll often contradict each other.

I've noticed lately the earlier comments on some places drop off the comments section.....they must delete earlier ones after a certain time or when they exceed a certain number.

Re other info sites.....some of them started well but they don't have the range of Wiki so it's hard to judge if they offer anything different.

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What about the " OOhh the water smells ", or it's too dusty and they are 200km SW of Winton, dopey gallah's.