CamperMate app

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I've been doing some reading and revisited this app and noticed it has Road hazards marked.....this would be useful for anyone travelling through some of the flood affected areas.

I'm not sure how accurate it is but I quite like the ease of use.....if those hazards are accurate it will be very useful.

Anyone tried it?

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I've been doing some reading and revisited this app and noticed it has Road hazards marked.....this would be useful for anyone travelling through some of the flood affected areas.

I'm not sure how accurate it is but I quite like the ease of use.....if those hazards are accurate it will be very useful.

Anyone tried it?
Hi @Dobbie,
I posted this to the forum some time ago about CamperMate:
http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/camping-website.10049/#post-173298

I use it all the time and found it quite useful and quite accurate. I don't yet have WikiCamps, but based on some web pages I have seen, I think that WikiCamps has more reviews.

Main reason I don't use WikiCamps is that they don't have a version for Macs.

cheers
Mike

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
It must have been your post which alerted me to CamperMate @mikerezny !

:oops:

I forgot where I'd heard about it....I know after I downloaded I had a quick look but thought wiki was better for our needs....but this definately has a place as well. I know I was surprised that they listed the hazards ......and I was checking on some of the coastal roads as I know they were badly damaged.

It looks like many are still damaged so I'll be checking on updates there.

I think both these apps have a place in our planning....what little there is.

We're heading north in a few weeks.....all I know at this stage is that the direction is north ....and we want to avoid the tourist traps if possible ...but don't want a nasty surprise if roads still haven't been fixed.