Just Browsing Camper door damage

Lukeyboy

Jan 12, 2017
Victoria
Has anybody experienced damage to the bottom inside of their camper door like this? If so;
1. Is there a fix without replacing the door; or
2. Does anybody know where I may be able to find a replacement door?

Thanks is advance,
Luke
E6F236B5-87C0-4F78-93B0-2A8E74DF9F03.jpeg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks like water damage to me, I would remove the vent, check if anything is rotten, clean it up and give it a repaint, even go so far as to just tape off from the good stuff and do a mask in a different colour if a match is too hard ............ Most RV places have doors but I would be making sure its just cosmetic as they are often a grand or so, find out brand and model and do a search.

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Has anybody experienced damage to the bottom inside of their camper door like this? If so;
1. Is there a fix without replacing the door; or
2. Does anybody know where I may be able to find a replacement door?

Thanks is advance,
Luke
View attachment 68800
I agree with @Drover about water damage. If the door is the same as mine, it also has a vent on the inside too. This should probably be removed at the same time so you can really see if there is damage to both sides of door and how bad it is. I do not believe that there is any drainage hole in bottom of door, so that any water entering through vent will just sit there and rot the timber. Not a good look!! If structural integrity has been affected, then it could be an expensive fix.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
It is going to be tricky to fix that door. From the photo, the wood has rotted away at the bottom. So it won't be as easy as repainting it.
Seems like water has been getting into the external vent and laking into the door. Most probably because the vent was not sealed adequately.
Mind that the inside and outside sections clip together and will need some care to lift the tags without breaking them.

Reactions: Boots in Action