Buying an Annexe - thoughts on AustraliaWide Annexes

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
We made the decision to buy (amoungst other things) an Annexe. At this stage we this it will only be used for our annual "2 week trip" but knows - I would imagine anything over 4 days at the same site might be enough.

Anyhow, after walking around the park last week we saw an AustraliaWide Annexe and it look really good. It was the Captin Cook model. Vinyl bottom 1/3rd, mesh, clear and canvas windows, plenty of windows, etc.

https://www.australiawideannexes.com.au/product/captain-cook-awning-walls/

We will be getting an additional dividing wall to make a separate *bedroom*.

At this stage I have no interest in the porch or Captains Quarters.

Thoughts on this product from anyone that has it? Any other options we should/could look at?

I called Coffs Canvas, but they were slightly more expensive and I had to fit the kit myself. AusWide price including on site fitting.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We got one had a Tebbs last van.. The price was good compared to other brands, where you need to add extra doors, clears on other brands.
We got the porch cheap used once only :)

Only negative I would say as they all have the clears and extra zips takes up a lot more space folded down.
If you take it somewhere then do not use you need space to storage for all the bags

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
We got one had a Tebbs last van.. The price was good compared to other brands, where you need to add extra doors, clears on other brands.
We got the porch cheap used once only :)

Only negative I would say as they all have the clears and extra zips takes up a lot more space folded down.
If you take it somewhere then do not use you need space to storage for all the bags
Storing the walls when not in use at home won't be an issue as the garage is empty (when we are away). When we are home, they can live in the van on the floor.

Thanks

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
ours live the the van unless we do not take them then they live in the floor of family room minding house to we get back.
we went from a 15 to 19 awning although one bag with three sides vs 4 bags one for each wall.
Last trip to Sydney did not put up as sap everywhere.. so they took up the indoor shower for the 2 week stay :)

Reactions: Macca_75

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We sold our Australia Wide Annexe with our Starcraft a couple of weeks ago but I kept the porch which i think is great for the longer stays. We ordered a new annexe off them last week at the Geelong show for when the new Journey arrives in May.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
AWA has reputation for being one of the best but recent comments from heaps of people (including me) is that they are very bad for responding to enquiries. I have been told the best way to deal with them is direct over the phone and not via email. They seem be better that way

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
AWA has reputation for being one of the best but recent comments from heaps of people (including me) is that they are very bad for responding to enquiries. I have been told the best way to deal with them is direct over the phone and not via email. They seem be better that way
I rang them and got a salesman call me back within the day. I had a few questions which required the salesman to go back to someone for advice and I had my answers within 15 mins. By the end of the same day I had an emailed quote. They have even offered the discount for the up coming show in Feb as I advised this is when I was looking to purchase to take advantage of any show special.

We sold our Australia Wide Annexe with our Starcraft a couple of weeks ago but I kept the porch which i think is great for the longer stays. We ordered a new annexe off them last week at the Geelong show for when the new Journey arrives in May.
You can't get a better recommendation than someone who sells one and is happy enough to purchase another for his next van.

Reactions: 17triton and Vere