Busybusy mum & dad & kids 17.56-2 outback

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
OK here are the pictures - hope they work as I have not tried this before - you will note that the external tap wasn't screwed on correctly and after trying to turn it on it fell off - so will have to be rescrewed. Have to decide on colours for the bedsheets etc - but the foam mattress toppers were on sale from Target - half price this week. We used a double for the kids bed and a queen cut down to size for our bed - the double was not quite large enough - for anyone who wants to rush into Target and get theirs before the sale ends later this week.
2006_0218Expanda2012March0041.JPG 2006_0218Expanda2012March0043.JPG 2006_0218Expanda2012March0045.JPG 2006_02182012March0038.JPG 2006_02182012March0036.JPG 2006_02182012March0035.JPG

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Nice one!

For what it's worth, our external tap wasn't put on properly either. The factory used soft galv screws and on the 80 km drive home on sealed roads, they all snapped. I had the tap fastened by cable ties until the dealer sorted it out.

This is where Jayco as a manufacturer let themselves down - attention to detail.

All people saw was a new van with a tap that fell off and they think, "I wonder what else is going to break if they can't even screw a tap on!"

No question that the dealers do more to protect the Jayco name than the factory!

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Housework out the window!!!! I've put the eggshell foam in cut to size for the two inner springs and think I might cut up another double into 2 pieces for the bunk beds for the little girls - just to give extra comfort and also protection - just incase in the night! A friend came around today for a gander and she was very impressed. Will screw the tap on - but lower so we can fit a big 150mm diametre PVC tube through there to store stuff. Hubby wont let me do too much until the weekend when we sort it all out together!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
congrats bbm, q: what is the small black things on the wall where the sink mixer is facing the fridge? also, did you ask for the ladder to positioned where you have it or are jayco doing this from the factory now??
likewise for us A frame tap come adrift too, and yes agreed its those little things where QA control needs to be addressed.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Looks Unreal!
Have a look at one of my old posts for an idea in relation to a slide out pantry in the narrow cupboard in the kitchen.

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
congrats bbm, q: what is the small black things on the wall where the sink mixer is facing the fridge? also, did you ask for the ladder to positioned where you have it or are jayco doing this from the factory now??
likewise for us A frame tap come adrift too, and yes agreed its those little things where QA control needs to be addressed.

Ladder came like that in that position - I think it better than when we looked at the demo last November - also a nicer ladder. Also the black thing on the edge of the cupboard near the mixer tap is our control panel - telling us what the battery and water tanks are up to - we asked to have it positioned there. Also on the wall on the other side of the sink we have the standard 240 volt switches but have also asked for a 12 volt switch here - they also put the TV ariel booster thing here attached to this 12 volt switch. We also have a 12 volt switch under the kids table and one down near the battery switch at the end of the lounge _( this one was supposed to be positioned up on the all near the radio - but somehow ended up here? - but its not so bad. We also have the hard to find 12 volt switch at the end of the cupboard near the parents bed as well as one outside near the drop down external table. Lots of 12 volt switches for all the free camping and the big Australia trip to charge/run computers etc

Just have to work out the LED lights so am reading up on the forum on them over the next few days and making some decisions about the stone stomper

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I bet you are glad to finally grt your finger in and do those little jobs that always need doing.

The van looks great BBM, I wish I had thought about moving the control panel, but that is what happens, someone else has a great idea, after you get your van, 20/20 hindsight is great, but useless.

Enjoy your van.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
BBM - looking good!

Interested to know how/where you have attached the shower curtain. Great idea by the way - stops any water coming out the door into the van.

Cheers - Ro

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
BBM,

Another Q: Jayco were not able to tell me when we ordered, but do you have any idea what the travelling height of your Expanda is with the roof mounted A/C? I am interested as I might need to make adjustments to the existing shed height (floor depth).

Thanks,

Ro

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
BBM - looking good!

Interested to know how/where you have attached the shower curtain. Great idea by the way - stops any water coming out the door into the van.

Cheers - Ro

I actually have not yet attatched - just held it there for the photo - but will attatch this weekend - was going to follow what Molong Mick has done! I was quite impressed to get some colour co-ordinates with the bath mat and shower curtain! - all from Target

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
BBM,

Another Q: Jayco were not able to tell me when we ordered, but do you have any idea what the travelling height of your Expanda is with the roof mounted A/C? I am interested as I might need to make adjustments to the existing shed height (floor depth).

Thanks,

Ro

Dont know - will get out and measure up and get back to you - but just remember we have ordered simplicity suspension - not normal on the outback hence it will ride higher - we also only went the standard tyres not the 16 inch

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I noticed at the caravan show all the ladders had been relocated. Much more logical!

Hey Dingo - wasn't this one of your ideas / mods?

BBM - Very nice!

We looked at taking our Microwave out and Jayco said OK, but no price reduction! We said No Deal and put in.

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Hey Dingo - wasn't this one of your ideas / mods?

BBM - Very nice!

We looked at taking our Microwave out and Jayco said OK, but no price reduction! We said No Deal and put in.

Regarding microwave we got them to take it out and hence got a price reduction - will have to check final quote but in the order of $300-350 reduction - From memory a couple of dealers we got quotes from would not come at a discount for removing microwave - but we certainly got it