Bushie's New Shak (SOLD)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Brand : Golden Eagle (Built by Paramount)
Model: Family Escape
Size 19'6' (Internal)
Layout: Front Island Queen Bed
Rear Double Bunks (East/West)
Combo Shower/Toilet
L-Shape Dinette.
More a Tourer than Off-Roader to keep weights in check for the Pajero so (semi off-road) to handle to dirt, set up for free camping with Solar/Battery 2x 90 ltr tanks, 2 x 9kg gas bottles, and some other goodies

gc5229225592250014700.jpg

Last edited:

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
That's a nice looking shack on wheels and congratulation Bushy.

What was the main reason for not purchasing a Jayco though?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
ha ha. not like I have a couple bookmarked now :)

That is a very nice van.. Had not seen that in a 19"... I assume they do triple bunks only other van we seen under 20" was a Manta Ray.
The Fridge across from the bench is a great idea.

yep they do it in triple bunk as well, we are looking at having the top bunk fold/removable as note really required, they also have a 21' with double/triple and separate shower dunny.
We also looked at the Manta Ray, but wouldn't do a double and didn't like the location of the hand basin.

That's a nice looking shack on wheels and congratulation Bushy.

What was the main reason for not purchasing a Jayco though?

Basically we didn't go Jayco this time around as the only one they have that suited our needs was the Starcraft 20-62-3 which we did consider several times, unfortunately the new Outback is to heavy for use to legally tow (ball weight issue with the Pajero)
considered the Touring version with a factory undersling however 14 to 15'' rim upgrade isn't an option on the Tourer, dealer also said they'd downgrade the load weight by 5kg to keep it all within the 2500kg so not the affect the ball weight issues.
A few other little things with layout we weren't keen on.
After 3 Jayco's we are also a bit over the same interior cabinet work, this one allows for picking "ALL" interior colours mix'n'match from a range.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
yep they do it in triple bunk as well, we are looking at having the top bunk fold/removable as note really required, they also have a 21' with double/triple and separate shower dunny.
We also looked at the Manta Ray, but wouldn't do a double and didn't like the location of the hand basin.

Basically we didn't go Jayco this time around as the only one they have that suited our needs was the Starcraft 20-62-3 which we did consider several times, unfortunately the new Outback is to heavy for use to legally tow (ball weight issue with the Pajero)
considered the Touring version with a factory undersling however 14 to 15'' rim upgrade isn't an option on the Tourer, dealer also said they'd downgrade the load weight by 5kg to keep it all within the 2500kg so not the affect the ball weight issues.
A few other little things with layout we weren't keen on.
After 3 Jayco's we are also a bit over the same interior cabinet work, this one allows for picking "ALL" interior colours mix'n'match from a range.
Very interesting points you bring up their Bushy. Sounds like a great van and the interior looks flash as well. At least the best part is that you don't have to trade from the Paj. That's the one thing that still eats me up after selling my Pajero. Wise choice I say and especially if the new van your purchasing meets the towing limits of the Pajero.....And you still will be able to say..... LOVE THAT CAR :pound:

Last edited:
Reactions: cruza driver