18' Series Bunk converter

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Hi all. Just wondering those that have their new 18's, does your table on the bottom bunk drop down? We have been given a board to use. I've tried and it's a tight squeeze to use the table, as well as it sits a little higher. You can see the board stored under the table in the photo. I was wondering if they mucked up the measurements which is why we got a board..... Or is it the norm? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.6 KB · Views: 275

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
I'm thinking they screwed up the measurements. I don't have an 18, but I've got the 21 with the same type of bunks. We didn't get a piece of wood, we just use the table top. The table is tight, but not too tight, instead we found that the cushion needed to be slightly bigger as we have a gap. (We use it mainly as bunks, and set it up as a table just twice.)

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Hmmm. Thanks for your reply. It was what I was thinking may have happened. We will mainly use as bunks too but if we go on a longer trip it's just another thing to have to store.

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Thanks @Smirke I thought a muck up in measurements might be to blame. I've had a fiddle and it def won't fit due to the plastic corner edges but it can sit up on an angle and sit flush in the opposite end, if that makes sense? It's only for the younger kids and the slight rise where the table sits up isn't that noticeable once I add the pillow. Just annoying really

Reactions: Smirke

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Yep I think thats a stuff up as well, just something else to lug around and where do you put the table when the bunk is setup? That tabletop looks thicker than the top in our 17.

Reactions: zigzag

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi @zigzag . As its under warrantee, I'd be asking for a new table top that actually fits as your kids are only going to get bigger and it will become annoying to them....then to you too. Plus you don't want to be taking another bit of wood everywhere you go. It is doable (we did it in the swan as we made a converter for the lounge), but not something you should have to do if there's something else that's meant to be used.

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Hi zigzag, that was one of the faults with ours. The seats have been installed too close together so the table top won't fit. Jayco's fix is to supply a board just like yours. In regards to the board sitting higher, You have to use the seat back cushions on the board as I thinks they are thinner.

Reactions: zigzag

ssm

Oct 7, 2015
Sydney
Our's didn't fit. I think the piece of wood they use and laminate is a standard size but the seats/cupboards can end up slightly out. This was one of the things I highlighted along with a few other things. They fixed it but never said what they did. I think they simply trimmed it down slightly. Easier than moving the seats.

Attachments

• IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 187

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Hi @zigzag . As its under warrantee, I'd be asking for a new table top that actually fits as your kids are only going to get bigger and it will become annoying to them....then to you too. Plus you don't want to be taking another bit of wood everywhere you go. It is doable (we did it in the swan as we made a converter for the lounge), but not something you should have to do if there's something else that's meant to be used.
Thank you. Yes! It's ok for little trips when we know we won't need to make the bed into a table
Ours was a tight fit as well. Apparently it was a common fault, my table is being replaced this week at it first service
Thanks! I'll note it down and ask them to replace it.

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Hi zigzag, that was one of the faults with ours. The seats have been installed too close together so the table top won't fit. Jayco's fix is to supply a board just like yours. In regards to the board sitting higher, You have to use the seat back cushions on the board as I thinks they are thinner.
Thank you! I didn't even notice to be honest! I'll definitely let them know I want my table redone.