QLD Broadwater Recreational Reserve - outside Nanango

JoM

Oct 7, 2012
Free camped for 2 nights during the first week of the Sep/Oct holidays. Went to the information centre in Nanango to sign the paperwork before going to the reserve. They only needed our contact details, rego number and how long we were staying for just incase of emergency (e.g. bushfires I guess). My partner says it was free for 2 nights, but I could swear the lady said 3 nights max stay only. Anyway, we missed the turn off at first (need to really look). You have to drive though a gate to keep the cattle in. Remember to close it. Anyway, we were the only ones there. It was really nice. My other half loved the fact that the firewood was just there.... so much of it... he was in man heaven. It was a really nice place, on the water, even more perfect if you have a canoe. We tried catching red claw, without luck. We didn't try any fishing because we didn't bring the gear. It was peaceful and beautiful. We all agreed we could have stayed longer. In wet weather, it would be very tricky to get in or out, due to the black type soil (I'm not a soil expert). My 2 young girls had a great time also. A really top spot. Would definitely do it again.

Attachments

• Broadwater Recreational Reserve1.jpg
    Broadwater Recreational Reserve1.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 676
  • Broadwater Recreation Reserve 6am1.jpg
    Broadwater Recreation Reserve 6am1.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 625
  • Broadwater Recreational Reserve background views1.jpg
    Broadwater Recreational Reserve background views1.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 695

JoM

Oct 7, 2012
we didn't swim. I think it would be deep. my littlies are too young to swim in there by themselves. the water needs to be warm before I venture in. in 2to 3 years time and a rubber tube, it would be perfect for my kids.