Old & Moved Brand New Tekonsha P3

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Tekonsha P3 No longer For Sale

Tekonsha P3 is no longer for sale upon advise from you guys i am going to put it in the Disco under the dash.

Glenn

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Spewing, I bought one a few weeks ago and I live on the Peninsula. I liked the sound of the Red Arc but I was put off by the reviews online. Are you sure you cant squeeze the P3 in somewhere. Regardless you will sell it easy, that is a great price. Good luck.

Geoff

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Hi Geoff,

Went over all options with my Land Rover Mechanic in Frankston today, even putting in one of the glove boxes, but realistickly you need it on hand just in case !, & he has fitted Red Arc in Disco 4's before & was his preference for neatness was this one !

Glenn

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Before you sell it Glenn, have a look at this post by Straydingo and the problems he's having with the Redarc in his D4.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/1490-adjusting-the-brakes?highlight=redarc

Although my Jeep has has a front cubby to instal my P3 into, it isn't my first preference.
I'm thinking of installing it along these lines, your D4 should be able to have one fitted there too. This is in a Pajero and you can ignore the TPMS on top, but you get the idea. Just remove when not in use.
P1040433-1.jpg

The Tekonsha is far superior to the Redarc, it's set and forget, rather than the constant adjustment required of the Redarc.
If either of these companies come out with a combination of the 2 it would sell like hotcakes!!

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Thanks for that Matty, i will have a good look over it again today as i would much prefer the P3 and i did read the posts that Straydingo had put on.
Cheers Glenn

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Glenn,
I have the same issue with the Prado, but by hook or by crook I will find a spot. I am going to have a look and see if a suction cup attachment to the windscreen is a possibility, like the navman mount. Modify the navman mount so that the p3 bracket attaches.
Will see how it works out.
Jas

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Hi Jas,
I did look at that option with the mechanic doesnt really suit the D4 as the dash slopes forward and P3 has to sit horizontally. I am however still thinking of putting it under the dash down near my left leg, OK for me as sit back and high in the seat though the misus sits up close over the wheel, 3 screws & i can remove it she is knocking it to much. Only 3 weeks away for us now mate i think both our vans are being built in the same week !

Cheers

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
I think you might be right, our van comes out of manufacturing on the 9th Oct. The excitement is building. Our vans are like brothers :party:

The suction setup to the windscreen will have it sitting horizontal and in line with direction of movement, I have found a local reseller for Ram Mounts and the Jayco dealer has agreed to give me the P3 before handover so I can have a play and see if it works. But knee position is the next alternative for me, and like you I will remove for day to day driving.

Counting down the days!!

Jas