20' Series Blocked water inlet

Derm

Oct 18, 2015
Mornington Peninsula
Morning all,
On our last trip we installed the waterline to the van via our filter, we could not get any water through the lines so we had to use our tank water. Looking under the van it appears that there is a blockage at the inlet. Does anyone know how to solve this problem as it looks like the inlet is installed under the seat on the slide out which I cannot work out how to get access to it, then what to do when I do get access to it
Cheers
Derm

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Morning all,
On our last trip we installed the waterline to the van via our filter, we could not get any water through the lines so we had to use our tank water. Looking under the van it appears that there is a blockage at the inlet. Does anyone know how to solve this problem as it looks like the inlet is installed under the seat on the slide out which I cannot work out how to get access to it, then what to do when I do get access to it
Cheers
Derm
Photo of inside and outside of van from the photos are be able to tell you.

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Morning all,
Cheers
Derm
Your van side mains water should go through the outside wall into the cavity under the couch and then straight out through the floor ... on the outside of the chassis rail if you have a slide out, and loop under the chassis to the pressure limiting valve.

Derm

Oct 18, 2015
Mornington Peninsula
Sorry for the late response, I have been away, yes the water inlet is under the slideout and then drops through the floor, the issue is that I believe the blockage is at the connection, I have read that this can be an issue on a caravan website as there is an o ring at the back of the connection? that can have an issue with small debri. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be access to the area under the seat on the slide out where I believe the problem is. I have identified this by looking under the van with what I believe to be the feed from the filler, it appears that the water line has air in it with no disturbance to the water in the pipe when the water is turned on. Cheers Derm
image1.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Sorry for the late response, I have been away, yes the water inlet is under the slideout and then drops through the floor, the issue is that I believe the blockage is at the connection, I have read that this can be an issue on a caravan website as there is an o ring at the back of the connection? that can have an issue with small debri. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be access to the area under the seat on the slide out where I believe the problem is. I have identified this by looking under the van with what I believe to be the feed from the filler, it appears that the water line has air in it with no disturbance to the water in the pipe when the water is turned on. Cheers Derm
View attachment 56162 View attachment 56163
No hatches under the seat cushions ??

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
View attachment 56162 View attachment 56163
The cupboard or draw at back left have you removed to get to pipe work?

Derm

Oct 18, 2015
Mornington Peninsula
Thanks Smash, yes I put the slide out to the open position and was able to see the back of the connection via the cupboard draw under the seat. The pipework from the hose connection is black pressure pipe which then runs under the van to the non return valve, it is either the connection or the valve where the problem is. The van is due for its first service in a month so might leave it for them to sort out, getting access through that cupboard door is near impossible.
Cheers
Derm
IMG_1462.JPG

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
AE560EF2-D388-492F-B8CB-4F0C8E19DEB0.JPG
753E627A-4971-4661-A5FB-41A35706B2D0.JPG

Thanks Smash, yes I put the slide out to the open position and was able to see the back of the connection via the cupboard draw under the seat. The pipework from the hose connection is black pressure pipe which then runs under the van to the non return valve, it is either the connection or the valve where the problem is. The van is due for its first service in a month so might leave it for them to sort out, getting access through that cupboard door is near impossible.
Cheers
DermView attachment 56181
There is a non return valve in the inlet which can get stuck

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Put a small screwdriver in the hose attachment end and see if it is still free. If it is solid, you need to talk to Jayco...Warranty!

There will be some spring pressure as it acts as the non return valve.