skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
@blacky looks good on the inside and outside I thought, but I do agree with the extra windows.
Maybe have a chat to them and see if they would consider adding the windows for you before you pick up the van.
I would have thought it would be cheaper to get the windows installed now rather than later.

Reactions: blacky

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I agree with you Pete about the windows, there is no way Mrs CR would have a wall that size with no window, .We had to have one put in on our 14' for just that reason. The plan show what I imagine is a window above the couch so it should have one (R 900 X 450). The couch looks to me to be a bit narrow on the seat and very straight up and down so does not give a look of comfort. Now would be the time to sort out any differences so good luck with it all.

Reactions: blacky

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Did the first van you looked at have windows ???? with no windows on that side you mite as well be in a shipping container or a tent ..... yes a window by the bed and above the couch would be good whats there reasoning for not having them ....
For us eating in van in cold weather is still nice if we have a nice view waking up opening blinds wow look at that
Evan to see whats going on outside
Id be pushing for windows makes it more homely

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
I can't believe they would not have more windows on the van! I would want at least two windows down that side wall. I would certainly be asking the question!

Eddii

Jun 28, 2017
Burua Central QLD 4680
They probably couldn't mount the dinette window due to your bunk conversion. May sit a bit too high.
But, it was in the drawing so you shouldn't have to pay for the window to be installed ;).

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Looking good, and welcome back @blacky did the display van have a fold down bunk?

The one at the show has a window, the plan has a window so I would be asking for a window over the bunk.

With the bed window the annexe arm comes in a bit so the window would have to be offset quite a bit to fit.

I personally would be asking for the one above the bunk at a minimum.

What have they said so far?

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
So!! Expanda family, I need your insight!

Our van is in Morrisett ready for pick up.. they sent some pictures.. but I’m disappointed! I want your opinions - am I being too picky??

- I hate the fact there are no windows on the entire left side of the van! This is a huge disappointment, I was expecting a window above the couch and below the bunk over he dinette
- the top cupboard colours are wrong, meant to be white
- the big silver handle at the dinette / access is just ugly...

Please, honest opinions only negative or positive all are appreciated!
I could easily live with the kitchen overhead colors, Im a cabinet maker and its looks pretty good to me. The darker overheads provide a much needed contrast and all white would be way too much .... in my humble professional opinion, I think they made a good call there. Those pics are a bit dodgy, but in your earlier demo model pics the kitchen contrast is good.

The missing window looks more odd on the inside pics than the outside. On the inside its looks very 'enclosed on that side' but that may well be just an unavoidable side effect of a bunk in that area. A window below the bunk would appear to be practically too low and kinda halfway down your back if sitting on the couch, a higher window for the top bunk would possibly be the only practical option. Would the lowering of the bunk impact on a lower window, ie the bunk rest on the internal window frame when folded down like in the pic. A window particularly higher up would be ideal just for ventilation because our top bunk gets very very stuffy ... and we have a window there

That door handle wouldnt bother me at all.

In the pics, is the bunk in the travel position?? What props it up??

Reactions: bigcol

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Hey y’all! Thanks for the feedback!

So, I took your feedback onboard, plus that of a FB Billabong group, and decided to leave it all be except for the window..

Spoke with billabong today and they were great - very apologetic and understanding, and they are fitting a window in there for me!

Great result. Now have to wait til after Christmas, but not worried about that at all so it works out perfectly!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey y’all! Thanks for the feedback!

So, I took your feedback onboard, plus that of a FB Billabong group, and decided to leave it all be except for the window..

Spoke with billabong today and they were great - very apologetic and understanding, and they are fitting a window in there for me!

Great result. Now have to wait til after Christmas, but not worried about that at all so it works out perfectly!
Good result

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Sorry I’ve been slack y’all!!

We picked out baby up from Hunter RV tech at Morisset on 21.12.17... and loving it! Very happy so far. E6C8430B-DD93-4A41-8505-60CE1663B775.jpegE6C8430B-DD93-4A41-8505-60CE1663B775.jpeg

Attachments

• 4A49402B-9643-46C1-98CA-D32DA64588BB.jpeg
    4A49402B-9643-46C1-98CA-D32DA64588BB.jpeg
    528.1 KB · Views: 444

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Sorry about the mess haha but you can see how the bunk works,it also has a converter for the bottom bunk/lounge but my 5 year old prefers to sleep there next to the bassinet anyway without the converter haha! Very happy with it.

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
And, we are thinking about getting the local sticker shop / sign writer to make a sticker/wallpaper to cover the left side inside wall to bring some cool patterns/colours inside!