14' Series Beds

Caledapho

Dec 27, 2012
We have a 2006 Expanda and have had no problems with the mattresses. My main gripe is not being able to leave the bedding on when packed up

We had a 2006 16.49-1 for 5 years, over multiple roadtrips, with many over-night stops. I always used a doona and sleeping bags for my boys, so it kept bedding simple and quick. I ended up buying eggshell toppers in the second year, when I broke my tailbone 3 days before a planned trip, but refused to miss out on a holiday:p We always folded up the bed ends with the topper and sheets in it, so only the doona and pillows went onto the lounge for transport, and it was fine! Once we got home it was always stripped out propperly for storage tho.

Mattanddeb Our van had a 3-way split mattress, and the inside skinny bit (35-40cm wide) was the deepest and most comfortable part. I found I was always wriggling over to that edge for my hip and shoulder, lol. So I found it (the standard mattress) was livable... until I broke my tailbone! But the good old basic eggshell topper made a massive improvement. All the newer vans have innerspring mattresses, Ive noticed. But yet to discover if they're comfy!? Did you find a solution?

Reactions: G Daddy