Bed fly..??

TASSIE

Feb 18, 2011
hI.. we are waiting on a new 14.44-3 expanda ... can you purchase a privacy screen for the bed end?? thanks TASSIE.....

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi Tassie, welcome to the forum. We purchased a 14-44-3 last November and have the curtains as shown in the attached photo. These were fitted as standard as far as I know, because we never asked for them. Check with your dealer.

Attachments

• Expanda bed curtains.jpg
    Expanda bed curtains.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 330

TASSIE

Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for your reply,,,,maybe Ive written it wrongly...I mean a privacy net for the outside of the bed end....

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Sorry Tassie, I misunderstood. The external privacy screens can be ordered with the van. I would imagine they can be purchased & retrofitted.

Attachments

• Expanda bed privacy screen.jpg
    Expanda bed privacy screen.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 311

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
I see alot of people upgrading the bed privacy ends to canvas due to bedding getting wet with heavy rainfall (I know with my swan OB when it rains this happens to anything touching the canvas). Have the expanda on order with privacy screens included, do these stop this problem, do they have to be removed when packing up, and has anyone thought of getting clear plastic added to the outside of them with zippers to roll the clear plastic up for breeze?
Sorry to hitch onto this thread but thought it was relevant.

Cheers Ben

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
G'day Ben there is a member on the forum who is travelling around OZ at the moment with the canvas I dare so when he gets internet reception he will help you out with your question.

Another member Moto Moto also has the canvas on his.

I have heard people ask about the PVC screens before but your idea of zips on the corners is a great idea to allow air flow through the Expanda. :thumb:

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
The clear ones great idea, I got a quote from kakadu annexes gold coast this week,around $300 mark for vinyl , canvas may breathe better, I was told that press studs that the mesh fly screens may not hold the weight of heavier materials.

I would like to what moto thinks when he is on the forum.

Matt, OB Panda 14.44.4 coming December .