Exterior Bed End Storm Covers

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Hi All, After enduring absolute torrential rain in Bundy, and because Im 6'4" and my pillow is pressed against canvas,it was wet in the morning as with the bedding that was also touching the super wet canvas. We had the same problem in the Dove but a handy fix was put plastic corflute as a bed head....However there canvas just velcroed on so any water would drain to the outside.So it appears the stormcover is the way to go.... Noticed Campsmart sell the covers for around $390, I also phoned Jayco and it appears they dont anymore.
Is there any other alternatives or suppliers I should be trying...Thanks in advance

Reactions: Job Done

Hylux

Sep 1, 2017
Newcastle
I checked with jayco recently at 2 dealers and they quoted around $390 so not sure about being made anymore

I also stopped in at kakadu they quoted $590 but not sure if that was fitted.they would be top quality

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
any canvas repair shop can and will quote you
but the main ones are Jayco & Kakadu

there is another mob - but I dont remember who......

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
The campsmart did not include sailtrack. Is plastic sailtrack sufficient?.Hylux which dealers were they? Thanks for responses

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
It is strange that you say that Jayco no longer sell storm covers. I am expecting delivery of a new expander in about 3 weeks and part of the deal is that Jayco storm covers be included! It will be interesting to see if these are actually going to be provided, or if the dealer has sourced them elsewhere.

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
Australia Wide are going to make my annex, so maybe they do the storm cover too?!! If they do then it will be a quality one as Australia Wide do great stuff.

Ray Jones

Aug 12, 2017
Wallan, Victoria
We ordered storm covers for our Expanda, and they were made on order by the dealer, Prestige Jayco in Geelong.
They have their own canvas team, so all is not lost, but a bit far away from the Sunshine(?) Coast.

Reactions: bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ive been in some very hard and long days of rain in NSW coast dont have storm covers jayco geelong made us very heavy duty privacy screens never had rain probs no wet pillows blankets or mattress i love them 5 stars

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Hi Bluey,
You should put a pic up, they sound good...you would be leaving them on all the time?? How does the price compare to storm covers?

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
20170910_074540.jpg
Not much of a close pic but you can see there very black much much thicker than jayco normal ones so most of the water runs off them as i said never had issue with water in 3 years
Yes i leave them on all the time they are screwed to bed end lid evan with lights on at night not easy to see in i think 200 each mmmmm long time ago now id say they still get them made ???

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Just been speaking to Peter from Prestige Jayco parts and they can supply the heavier weave privacy screen for under $300...they do both ends for $695 fitted. I think Ill go that way

Reactions: caax

Jemmo

Feb 25, 2016
Bendigo, Vic
Just been speaking to Peter from Prestige Jayco parts and they can supply the heavier weave privacy screen for under $300...they do both ends for $695 fitted. I think Ill go that way
We've had the heavier privacy screen on ours from Prestige in Geelong, but unfortunately have still had wet bed ends from not the heaviest storm. If i had my time over i would be going with the storm covers if there is a way of leaving them on.....
Cheers, Jemmo

Papa Whiskey

Sep 3, 2017
Maryborough, QLD
Picked up my 14.4.5 last week. Annex was made by AustraliaWide, but the storm cover included as part of the deal is a different canvas and labeled “Jayco” . It looks good and includes clears, fly screens and complete canvas cover. Each can be rolled up separately. Unfortunately, the cover has to come off each time but only takes about 3 minutes to do. It might be worth a call to Jayco Bundaberg to see where they source the cover.

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Hi Jemmo. Thanks for info . Dodnt end up going with prestige as they were $400del.to Qld.Igot a local at Childers to make some shades and a bed end ..his price was nearly half theres with premium shade cloth. Hes called jaydes ridge. Just been through a thunder storm for 1hr..no water issues..ill put up pics later

Reactions: Jemmo and bigcol