Suspension Bearing numbers for Basestation

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Just a quick post to give some info on bearing numbers for a 2015 Basestation on standard suspension.
With ours at approx 18months, and having covered just over 11,000km, thought that I would check for any play in the bearings - some minor slack so dismantled, cleaned, and repacked the bearings and at the same time took note of the bearing numbers (previously contacted Al-Ko to get this info but they couldn't help although were very friendly and spent some time chatting about the variety of bearings used with their products).
My plan is to carry a spare set in the ute, as I now do for my boat and ski trailers (a quick learning after you need a new bearing when a wheel falls off your trailer at the boat ramp and you can't get parts until the next day!)
The inner bearing is L68149
The outer bearing is LM12749
Both are Ford slimline bearings.
The diagram taken from Caravanplus identifies the parts on my caravan.
Hope this helps anyone else although it's always safer to check your own given how Jayco have a habit of changing specs and just using whatever is available at the time.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    582.2 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 314

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Always check the bearing numbers on the bearings that are fitted on your van, they are not all the same, armed with those numbers head to your local bearing shop, you must have the actual bearing numbers, a van description doesn't work.
They will supply the bearings,cups and seals that you need..........after checking the bearings on Big Mal, doing some research I managed to get to the shop for a spare set, $59 or more at caravan parts shop, $20 at bearing shop and good Jap bearings as well.

A day later I look in Big Mals manual, its a Coromal, find the wheel nut torque setting and the bearing numbers, too used to Jayco I think.

The caravansplus site has great info.

Reactions: dagree and Dobbie