Electrical Battery switch position while on 240

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I must admit a Penguiy has the advantage of being able to get to the fridge, put the kettle on, play with the battery switch (note on topic) all without having to get out of bed.
Hi @Drover,
and the porta potti is also close at hand, in a little cupboard under the bed.

Sorry, we have certainly strayed off-topic. I'm gonna blame @Boots in Action for that!

cheers
Mike

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I remember all of those things, had a Penguin before upgrading to our current Sea Dragon .
ie 14.44-5 OB (with onsuite)
Back on topic, I leave the battery switch on all the time. Battery is used to keep power to the Gas detector etal so does drop a bit overnight but even with the cover on, enough light gets to the solar panel to trickle charge it up again the next day. Have my van in storage so can’t plug it in to 240V until I bring it home when preparing for the next trip.
Did really enjoy the Penguin with its all round views but prefer the onsuite and not having to wind up when setting up. Ok, we have to lift the roof but hey can’t have everything easy!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
sit down and watch the big tandems trying to back into a level spot so they don't have to put the jockey wheel on and unhitch to get level.
Hey, if it took an hour thats me. Instead of watching, how about come over and helping level me up .... and flick my battery switch (on topic ;))

So, thanks guys, all the effort you have spent training me over the past year and a bit are slowly paying off!!
Congrats of passing caravaning 101, 1st semester. Second semester, "the guy with the Penguin supplies on the booze.", (and enough solar power for everyone) Ancient caravaning law ;)

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
wow we are really of topic this time any way bigcol still to much set up with the Journey pull up unhook pop top pop drop feet unroll awning and get comfy chair pop top of a cold one and sit back and enjoy

Reactions: bigcol