Battery Chainsaw

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
One thing to note there is a big difference between the brushed and brushless with the ryobis. Brushed ones have a chainspeed of about 3.6 meters a second and the brushless about 9 meters.

Reactions: Drover and achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Ive got a Ryobi one. No idea what one but suspect the brushed motor. It was the demo at Bunnings and the old mate knocked it down to $50 or $60 for me ! Couldn’t refuse. I don’t use chain lube cause there a wick systems and the bastards won’t stop dripping so I just carry a can of spray olive oil and use that on the chain. Cuts up wood to about 3”s good abelt slow.

Masters were clearing the ego ones and I nearly bought one cause had heard good things. But tbh I have a mini boss in a box I can carry and you have to be going some to ever top them .

Reactions: 17triton

Scrounger

Oct 7, 2016
Shoalhaven
I went with the 36v Husky way over the top
It's over a 1k but its a pro tool not a handyman item and it works very well.
Over kill with price but great kit, I have trimed my front hedge with it cut MDF sheet while on the road to make a box and cut down trees bigger than the size of a 20lt drum,
it a top hold so its short easy to pack.
https://www.husqvarna.com/au/products/chainsaws/t536li-xp/966729212/

Reactions: 17triton

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I went with the 36v Husky way over the top
It's over a 1k but its a pro tool not a handyman item and it works very well.
Over kill with price but great kit, I have trimed my front hedge with it cut MDF sheet while on the road to make a box and cut down trees bigger than the size of a 20lt drum,
it a top hold so its short easy to pack.
https://www.husqvarna.com/au/products/chainsaws/t536li-xp/966729212/
Thats the battery saw everybody wants just not the price tag. I had a go of one of these at my local dealer, awesome little saw!

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
I have the Ozito one. So far its cut down multiple smallish trees, heaps of palms and pruned alot of plants as well. Probably a few too many, thanks to one of my boys who tends to grab it and attack the garden when i get out the hedge trimmer (also ozito). Got it as we have the blowervac and lawnmower as well. Havent tried it on the wood for the fire yet, but then again, havent got the wood yet.

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I have the Ryobi One as well
great little thing for trimming up branches and such for the fire
and
some placed dont like a chainsaw after a certain time - its electric (battery) and is ok to use.........
still only have the 2.5 (whatever) battery, but to buy the bigger 5 (whatevers) battery is more than I ever feel like spending
still, I can cut away to my hearts content for about 2.5 hours - more than enough wood per night - before it needs charging
can sort a wooden pallet out in about 5 mins