18' Series Bad Flooring

Nathan

May 1, 2014
Just a quick question, it also relates to my post about warranty work. has anybody else had an issue with the floor of their van. four days after accepting ownership of our van i emailed the dealer in regards to what appeared to be a broken floor under the vinyl. the floor had a vinyl overlay and a piece of ply screwed under for added strength. i do know of another friend who's van has just gone back for faulty flooring as well just recently.

what would be considered a reasonable rectification process.

thanks
nathan

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Replacing the floor I think would be a full rebuild, I'm assuming they would put the floor down first and then put everything else on top, so if it were mine I would think a reasonable repair would be some extra steel work under the floor not just a bit of ply screwed to the broken bit. But being as its brand spanking new you really are entitled to a "not broken" floor

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Had an issue in our sterling, where the floor lifted at a join. Jayco paid for the entire internals of the van to be removed so the old vinyl could be removed and the floor repaired. This was nearly 12 months after delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
I have a soft bit in my floor at a join (not fixed yet, goes in this coming Friday). They have proper steel braces that jayco supply for them to put in, so No I would not considered that a reasonable rectification process.
Remember you don't have to go back to where you brought it from, just book in at any jayco approved caravan repairer.