Back to the dealer.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
No, there is nothing wrong with our new toy that I can see. I have put power to the van and that works fine. In fact I cant fault the van at all. I have now had the roof up and down a few times. And as some one suggested, it gets easier and quicker each time. However.....
We are now 9 days (My eldest daughter is counting and putting in requests for trip to the Kimberly region) from our trip to Adelaide. Tuesday I decided to have a look at the fly's and the awning. I want to make sure I can get them up and not get any nasty surprises when we go. I am glad I did.
The fly's go together very easy. The awning does not. The instructions included make no sense and I cant see how it fits. So tomorrow after work I am off to the dealer to see one erected.
I will keep you all posted on how we go.
Oh, and on the trip to the Kimberly's? Just gotta talk the wife into it.
Stan

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
It was interesting visiting the dealer again. They didn't have an awning the same as mine. It appears mine is the genuine Jayco factory made awning. They one our local dealer recommends is not the Jayco awning at all. The one the dealer had on display had the poles and fittings I remember.
Anyway he very quickly showed me how to organize my poles. It appears a bit of force is required to get it all to go together the poles have snap fittings.
They did offer for me to bring the van down and they would fit the eyelets on the van. I declined as it is only a five minute job to do it myself.
Another satisfied customer........
And a very helpful dealer...

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
It was interesting visiting the dealer again. They didn't have an awning the same as mine. It appears mine is the genuine Jayco factory made awning. They one our local dealer recommends is not the Jayco awning at all. The one the dealer had on display had the poles and fittings I remember.
Anyway he very quickly showed me how to organize my poles. It appears a bit of force is required to get it all to go together the poles have snap fittings.
They did offer for me to bring the van down and they would fit the eyelets on the van. I declined as it is only a five minute job to do it myself.

That's great to hear as I'm soon to get mine..

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW

Always good to hear a positive outcome.

Reactions: Xpandafan