AzHaych's new 18.58.1OB Club Lounge

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
@AzHaych im not really stalking you BUT.... you have something i want:D and im loving reading about it all
on your floor plan you had an addition tv point and 12v on the dressing table are they there? i couldnt see them?
are the RCA leads from the TV going into the stereo? is the bluetooth easy to use from phone to stereo?
is your external gas bayonet easy to get to/use?
would fitting an extra light above the bunk and pushing the existing light closer to the cupboards look stupid or create light under the bunk table?

after using it do you need any more points around the place 12 or 240?

Cant believe you scored the diesel heater for free too. hope mine gets a free one.

stalking over.....for a bit:ban:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
@AzHaych im not really stalking you BUT.... you have something i want:D and im loving reading about it all
on your floor plan you had an addition tv point and 12v on the dressing table are they there? i couldnt see them?
are the RCA leads from the TV going into the stereo? is the bluetooth easy to use from phone to stereo?
is your external gas bayonet easy to get to/use?
would fitting an extra light above the bunk and pushing the existing light closer to the cupboards look stupid or create light under the bunk table?

after using it do you need any more points around the place 12 or 240?

Cant believe you scored the diesel heater for free too. hope mine gets a free one.

stalking over.....for a bit:ban:
All good, no need to apologise for stalking on here it's what we do.
Yes to all of your questions in the first paragraph, we moved our bayonet to the back, it comes standard at the front, just a personal choice.

All the points at the dressing table are standard, not sure about moving the light at the bunk table. The lighting is really good, a lot brighter than our 2012 17.56.1 even with the lights changed to LED's.

Other than the extra point that I had installed to the TV area I don't think it require any others. It has a double installed at each bed end which we plug our phones into of a night.

Diesel heater?? No diesel heater in our van, I wish I could be like @Crusty181!!!

Please feel free to stalk away

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I wish I could be like @Crusty181!!!
Its a curse
BeakerPeep.jpg

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
where is the 2nd tv point and power?
Its on the side of the dresser table unit with a 12V socket next to it, I dont have a photo at the moment. Sorry you'll have to wait until I have the bed ends out again to take the photo, you cant see it with the bed ends closed. The double powerpoint is on top of the dresser table.

IMG_1593.JPG

Reactions: Sturah and bigcol

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Its on the side of the dresser table unit with a 12V socket next to it, I dont have a photo at the moment. Sorry you'll have to wait until I have the bed ends out again to take the photo, you cant see it with the bed ends closed. The double powerpoint is on top of the dresser table.

View attachment 37040
thanks thats ok so it is next to the pillow sort of thing? thats cool thanks I am paying to have one there and its already there. i hope you had someone like you to lean on when you were going through this? i can be a bit OCD when i want it done right:ranger:(insert scotch and dry)

thanks yet again,again

Reactions: AzHaych

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Thought I would update as I have added a mod for the impending trip to the Great Aussie Holiday Park on the 4th of Jan for 8 nights. We are stopping through Moama on the way for New Years and a couple of days, but we are staying with friends in their cabin. Going to store the van at a mates place in his shed until we head across on the 4th.
Added some bike racks to the drawbar that we bought off ebay today, our last bike rack was a tow hitch type that held the bikes to close together. These keep the bikes separated and make it a lot easier to get off and on.

IMG_1903.JPG
IMG_1907.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG
IMG_1911.JPG
IMG_1913.JPG

Last edited:

Matho

Feb 15, 2015
Carnegie
Awesome job! Mind telling me what racks you bought and how you attached them? I have the same van, extended drawbar and four kids to get bikes on for - Reckon you could get four racks on the drawbar?
Top work!

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Awesome job! Mind telling me what racks you bought and how you attached them? I have the same van, extended drawbar and four kids to get bikes on for - Reckon you could get four racks on the drawbar?
Top work!
Thanks @Matho here is the link to the eBay site we bought them from. I just bought some gal plates and 150mm gal coach bolts from Bunnings to fix them as you can see in the pics above. I plan on fitting a tool box in the near future which the gas bottles will go into, you could install a rack to the top of that giving you the 4th rack your looking for.
Cheers
Az

Last edited:

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Had our Australia Wide annexe fitted just before Christmas and had a chance to put it up for the first time on our trip to The Great Aussie Holiday Park. I am really impressed with it, we had rain for the first two days there, so it was obviously a great spot to keep dry and with the clear windows it let heaps of light in.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Then once it got hot you can roll up the panels and you have an open annexe

IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Also happy with our Australiawide annex but unfortunately we missed out on getting the clears as they only started doing them about 2 months after we got ours..... Not a biggie though as it's either walls closed or everything open!

Reactions: bigcol

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi Az.
We also got our Australia Wide Annex just before Christmas and took it to Forster for 2 weeks. Overall I'm happy with it but very disappointed in the fact that the press studs on the long side were rusted after just 2 weeks. In fact it was beautiful weather the first week but rained the second week, so rust after only one week. Got in touch with AWA via email as soon as we got home and layed everything out to dry it all off, but still haven't had a response from them.

Has anyone else had this issue? I could understand if I had left the sides wrapped up for weeks wet and didn't look after it, although I would still expect the press studs to be stainless steel and shouldn't rust.
And before anyone asks, no we weren't near salt water.
Peter

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
The zip-up canvas clips together with the middle section in the long wall just on the lower vinyl material. Either side of the zip-up section that is.
Yes, easy to replace but my point is that I was not happy on a brand new annex with only 1 weeks worth of rain.

Mind you, the good thing was that our new 18' expanda didn't spirng a leak, so very happy about.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree