Axl's MY17 LS-M daul cab D-Max

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
I have an alloy bar on the prado got a winch mount for it too very hard to get now to turn it into a winch bar will fit it one day the cradel system fits behind the bar the bar itself isnt part of it just poke the winch rope through the hole in the bar mmmmmm good thinking toyota but anyway i want to paint the back side of the alloys bars that you can see with black paint its a pain allways shining in your eyes next bar i get will be colour coaded or black

@Bluey you are right about the glare, could have got the winch bar but didn't want it would never use a winch and it is more weight that I don't need. I've been told that a bonnet protector will stop the glare from the polished bar so at the next service I will get one put on.

Last edited:

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
Thats why you buy an Izuzu or Colorado..lol,lol................................... I doubt anyone will uphold a warranty if the chassis bends and you use it for travel or work ute, I do know if the tow bar pulls out from the sub frame on a Jeep insurance and manufacturer don't want to know you, no matter that it was a fitting fault or not a 14.44 is not anywhere near heavy........................having looked at the chassis on D Max and Colorado the chassis does appear to have extra gussets around the areas of curve and spring mounts where some of the others appear lacking but bent chassis I surmise are caused by a number of contributing factors, overloading being just part of the combination...........

so @Axl you been dong any more Yabbie mustering from that big pond up the road ?????/

Never a truer word written than the statement in red above.....

@Drover mate the freezer is nearly empty, our annual October trip to the dam turned into a trip to Burrum Heads with a fishing club the wife and I run here in Brisbane. Hopefully once the storm season is over we will get back there, around March if the missus can get some time off. She is hearing rumors around the office that she may not be able to get time of then so I may have leave my deckie behind and go solo;)