17' Series Awning size/Annexe & Curved Roof Bars

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
Quick one - I can't get to my van (it's in storage :() and I need to measure the awning for an annexe. Is it a 15' (centre to centre on awning legs) awning on the 17.56?
Cheers!

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
Thankyou @Pace. Much appreciated.
So here's the next question - I think I've decided that we will get a Coast DIY annexe kit, 14'. A couple of reasons, we will only use the annexe for our christmas break of 2 weeks and maybe a couple of 3-4 day breaks throughout the year. The rest of the time we are happy with the shadesail alternative as most of our getaways are short 1 or 2 nighters. The rest of theyear it will be stored dry and tight in the shed. Is it really worth spending the extra cash on a custom job??
As for the roof bars, how many do I need, is getting 2 better than 1?

Oct 14, 2014
After reading this I just rang jayco and asked them to fit a AFK kit to my new van before pick up also asked for 2 roof bars and the said its an overkill ? There only fitting one roof bar ?

Still_dreamin

Jan 27, 2014
Brisbane Northside
We already had the Aussie Traveller anti-flap kit for our awning. They are absolutely fantastic. As @Pace said, we use them every time the awning gets used. We did notice it sagged, just a little, in the middle, so we have recently put on some roof bars. We were planning on one but our service guy suggested two would be better. Our awning doesn't move at all now. We are very happy with the finished product.

We also have a full annex on our van, which we only use twice a year for a couple of weeks each time. I do enjoy the benefit of the extra room it provides during long stays. It also is great to store and secure the bikes at night time to prevent theft.

Reactions: mbr37746

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
My annexe was custom made and fitted. They installed sail tracks and press studs attached to the van to connect the side walls and top and bottom skirts to the van for a tight seal. Does the DIY kit attach this way?

I got two doors both with fly screen on both ends. The whole annexe fits like a glove, very happy with it. If your in eastern Melb, try Alpine Annexes.