Exterior Aussie Traveller AFK what size?

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
Hi All,

We bought the grip on velcro type de-flappers and used them on our crissy trip. Worked a treat in some very decent winds. The end shades were good aswell but we found the gap between the awning crossbar and the awning itself still lets quite a bit of sun and rain through so we are going to bite the bulet and get a aussie traveller AFK and end shades that hang from it so there is no gap.

Can anyone shed some light on what size/length Aussie traveller AFK we need to suit our carefree awning, short, medium or long size? Trying to avoid moving the van and setting up the awning if possible...

Cheers

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Borrowed from the Aussie Traveller website @spiderpig ;) I'm guessing measure the distance from the roller to the van wall!

"Anti Flap Kits are supplied as a pair and come in 3 sizes (lengths) determined by your awning fabric projection

Short 2100mm - 2200mm
Medium 2200mm - 2300mm
Long 2300mm - 2400mm"

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Can anyone shed some light on what size/length Aussie traveller AFK we need to suit our carefree awning, short, medium or long size? Trying to avoid moving the van and setting up the awning if possible...

Cheers

Borrowed from the Aussie Traveller website @spiderpig ;) I'm guessing measure the distance from the roller to the van wall!

"Anti Flap Kits are supplied as a pair and come in 3 sizes (lengths) determined by your awning fabric projection

Short 2100mm - 2200mm
Medium 2200mm - 2300mm
Long 2300mm - 2400mm"

ummmmm, I think you may have to move the Van out to measure your awning, seeing as there is 3 different sizes as per above
(bugga - I thought they would just be a standard size - I'm wrong..................)

Reactions: dagree

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
For the very same reason, im keen on a set as well, going to uncover the girl and measure mine for a purchase.....has anyone fitted them to there vans themselves.....doesn't look to hard, any tips for young players would be appreciated.....

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
What sort of van/model and awning do you have @Roosterman ?

I was really hoping to avoid moving my van to get the awning out as its a pain in the ar#e. Would have thought most carefree awnings of the similar year model to mine would be the same size and someone would have done the measuring/purchasing already.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah I've fitted a few sets. They come with instructions, just be concious that the roller will move back a bit and you don't want your fabric under stress at the roller.nits very hard to articulate but easy to show.

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
For the very same reason, im keen on a set as well, going to uncover the girl and measure mine for a purchase.....has anyone fitted them to there vans themselves.....doesn't look to hard, any tips for young players would be appreciated.....
I fitted them myself, they came with pretty clear instructions, just take your time and measure/check twice before drilling. We had really strong winds that hit us with that storm hear at Port Stephens and the awning didn't move. I'm impressed with there performance.

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
Dragged it out yesterday, measure about 215cm from where awning fabric attaches to van - to barrel where hole will be drilled for AFK. So "short" kit it is.

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
Dragged it out yesterday, measure about 215cm from where awning fabric attaches to van - to barrel where hole will be drilled for AFK. So "short" kit it is

Yes that sounds about right we have the 16 ft outback and it measured 2200 we got the medium kit. look on gumtree we got a bran new one for $280 missed one @ $200 it sold in 2hrs both were new. had to put a new tube on back of van for storage,saves having to join them every time fitted well in a 90mm storm water pipe one on back one on front. all I need now is a rod bag to stop them rattling, if only we had a storage tunnel.

Regards Shiraz
Bt50+16 48 3 outback