Just Browsing Are new vans much cheaper in Victoria?

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
The heading says it all. We are on Qld Sunshine coast and are planing to move from our 14.44.4 ob and get a starcraft 16.53.1 ob. I know people say its cheaper in Victoria but is it much??. I know to shop around dealers as we did this last time and we got ours from up at Bundaberg. But I have no problem driving to Victoria as part of a holiday to collect a new van as long as it was worth it and not too much of a problem with rego, gas certificates etc . I know I should contact the dealers down there but I was just after any first hand experiences before I get started.
Cheers

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I heard from a few regional places can be cheaper then local. Mildura comes up a few times.
Might just be a case ringing around and yes a holiday :)
We brought floor stock from SA with a deal better then what we could get locally in Melb.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Other year I found the prices at Wangaratta where damn good compared to QLD..........no jayco's though.

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
When we rang around, Page Bros in Melbourne were best which included ringing Mildura, but a few people on here have found opposite. Sad thing is that all dealers now pay the same price landed, i.e., freight is the same charge for everyone whether Page Bros 10 minute away from the factory or the one single Perth dealer. Despite this, Page Bros came in about $6k cheaper than Perth, who wouldn't budge, so on principle I'm jumping in the car to collect mine from Melbourne just before Easter. Be buggered if I'm paying another $6k for absolutely no reason other than a dealer being greedy because they have a local monopoly.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh yeah, quite a few folk take a holiday to Melb and drive back to Wait Awhile with new van and still come out ahead, they may have the a national costing but you can bet your bottom $ the buggers will add a bit more mark up when they can.

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
In my research last year I generally found vans cheaper in Victoria than here in WA. The difference in price though will vary whether you want a new van or a recent build 2nd hand van. I was quite prepared to drive to Vic to collect, in the end a 18-month van popped up on Gumtree and I managed to negotiate a decent price so bought the van in WA.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

steen rasmussen

Oct 3, 2014
Mango Hill, Qld
i tried 2 dealerships in Brisbane and Gold Coast and end up picking my 20.63-1 up from Page Brothers for $4k cheaper price. Mind you i have purchased 3 vans off them now so suggest i may have been looked after however, still a huge drop in price. And was a great experience doing the quick trip down and back to test everything out.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When you think about it a flat bed with 2 vans on it, Melb to Bne I would want a grand each at least to deliver them, actually a bit more if it was to be an empty run back. I doubt if the delivery would be in company.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
I have picked up 2 vans from Vic. I found them to not only be cheaper than SA but more to choose from. I was looking second hand

Chrisand Susan

Apr 2, 2017
Victoria
I have picked up 2 vans from Vic. I found them to not only be cheaper than SA but more to choose from. I was looking second hand
prices jayco.jpg

Prices as of this weekend at Jayco Bellarine Victoria