ARB bullbar fitted to 2013 BT50 today

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
No, not identical any more, previous models yes.
@Adam G I'm sorry mate but I've been working on this program for 5 years. They are the same in all ways that would influence "handling".
Both great vehicles, but designed by Ford Australia and built on a Ford lead production plant in Thailand
Btw this is also the last hoorah for Mazda commercial vehicles. All passenger cars from this model on.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Looks nice mate ... real nice.

Only thing that gets me about ARB bars is the bar section is the same on all vehicles ... if something works though I suppose, why change it!

How do you find the Narva HIDs. Thinking of getting some on my LC200.

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
I've had the narva 225's on two vehicles now and I am very happy with them, good light throw and spread but they do take a few seconds to get to full brightness, I presume the newer models are a bit quicker now.

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Love our Ironman bull bar on our Prado, its sexy! I've been trying to upload a pic but I'm struggling! Hope this works... IMG_20130215_183646_683.jpg Looks smick I reckon :)IMG_20130215_183657_046.jpg

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
See, you are getting there. You will be a full convert soon;)

I have a BT50, and we have been thinking of getting a work car for me so have looked at Rangers. I like how the Ranger XLT? comes with towbar, tubliner rear sensors etc. Some have fixed price servicing and 15k intervals (Mazda only 10K :( $$$$). I don't mind the look, as long as it is 5 star crash rated, however I am also very happy with the Mazda and both are similar cars. Confused!

Well Soaring I even ....hard to say this! but I walked into a Ford dealer. Anyway when I was looking at the Ranga the sales guy said to me," you know the BT50 is cheaper". I said to him what makes the Ranger better? His answer, "it looks tougher and has better looking side steps".

Anyway, if I cross over to the dark side I will let you know. Now if only I knew someone who could get staff discount! :)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I'm loving this debate. I bought the Mazda mostly becasue it was a heap cheaper and I couldnt get my hands on a Ranger. I think the Ranger is an awesome looking Ute, but I'm loving my BT now with the Bull bar and canopy. They are both great cars. OE Handling I can't tell you about, coz I got the Old Man Emu lift and it rocks!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I saw a Ranger yesterday and it had a full size Sat Nav screen in the top of the dash. Looked very smart. I asked the guy and he said that's how it came from Ford. Every Ranger I have seen has the small one like the Mazda. Anyway it looked good and its the one thing I hate with the Mazda is the Sat Nav. You have to press too many inputs to get a destination.

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
I test drove the ranger twice, one manual and one auto. Both the ford and madza dealer told me the suspension setup was different between the two brands and from my combined total of about 20km's test driving both makes the Mazda was noticeably softer in the front. This could be as simple as a difference in shock absorbers or something more, I don't know.