16' Series Apologies

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi,

Apologies for NOT introducing myself before now. I'm not new to the caravaning experience. The first van being a 1998 Jayco Swift, which my wife and two daughters had for around five years, was then replaced with a 2004 Jayco Swan. I've only recently purchased a 2010 Jayco Expanda 16.49-1 and I'm real keen to take it out for it first outing. Hmm, some of the places we have gone camping, that I can really recommend, are Merimbula, Port Macquarie, Mallacoota, Port Stephens, Narooma, just to name a few. I would have to say we are regulars to Merimbula, especially around the Australia Day long weekend. Just a great place.

As I've said, I have two daughters, eldest is 18, and the youngest is 15. They are both real keen to continue to go camping with us, which I think is a testament to the fun times we continue to have as a family from the camping experience.

My current tug is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo diesel that I've had since April of this year. So far I am very impressed with is abilities. Towing the Expanda was like it was not even there.

My apologies for NOT introducing myself earlier. I've found this forum very informative and I can see that I am going to learn a great deal from my fellow Expanda's.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Luis

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
No need to apologise Silverfox but it is good to learn a bit more about you and your rig. You sure must have been doing something right to keep an 18 yo and a 15 yo wanting to keep travelling with you, keep it up.

Remember, we love pictures of rigs and trips so keep us posted.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome aboard, Silverfox. It's nice when the kids still want to camp with you.
With the new Expanda you'll probably keep them enthusiastic for a bit longer. More luxury, less chores setting up (for you as well!)
Look forward of hearing about your first outing.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Silverfox,

Oh how I remember as a kid going camping to so many of the same places you mentioned.

I only hope that our kids will love the experience and remember the great time they had when they get our age.

A testament to you that your kids still want to go camping with you at 18 & 15 when there are so many other things competing for their attention these days.

Looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics of your trips

Cheers,

Ro

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Welcome Silverfox its great to get out with the family and theres no need to apologise just have FUN FUN FUN

cheers Russell

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Welcome Silverfox. And yes to Mallacoota.
Gotta love those flatheads you pull out of there with a head on them the width of an A4 piece of paper!!
Enjoy the forum.

kmj

Oct 10, 2012
Renmark
Welcome Luis,
I no what you mean with the kids wanting to go my daughter never wants to come home.
Some great places you have been & the 16 is a great van fast & easy to st up more time for relaxing:wink:

Cheers
Kym.

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi Cootay,

Firstly, apologies for not responding sooner. I have stayed in Lemon Tree Passage at a van park called Kioala Shores. Here is the website http://koala-shores-holiday-park.nsw.big4.com.au/

Friends have stayed in the van park at Anna Bay, and raved about it. Sorry I can't remember what it was called.

In any case, a great place to go, with lots to do for everyone.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Luis

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
G'day SiverFox, have stayed at Koala Shores before also, and actually we are going there this weekend, nice and close (1hr from home).Great park but with any water front sites it can get windy!

Cheers.

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Thanks Silverfox, we ended up booking into the Big4 at Soldiers Point for Easter, good facilities for the rugrats - indoor kiddies pool and playground

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi Cootay and Burnsy,

The last time I was camping at Koala Shores was some years ago over the ANZAC weekend, with a mate. He took his two kids and I took my kids. No wife's on this particular trip. Anyway, it absolutely bucketed down the entire time we were there. We both had rivers flowing through our annexes. There was just so much water. Anyway, we knew it was bad when the owner of the park came knocking on your door wearing a wetsuit and flippers and asking whether we were OK!!!

I've never seen it rain to so much since.

Anyway, guys I hope you have better luck than I during your stay at Lemon Tree Passage. I've been to this park twice now, and it is very well run, and the facilities are really great. Enjoy!!