Anyone have a rough price on a 17.56-2 OB?

Wado

May 7, 2011
New England
Afternoon all,

I have been lurking for a few weeks whilst we finalised our research on buying a 17.56-2Outback. The comments of many on here convinced us that we were making a good decision ot upgrade from our Swan OB. Self employment and our location means we cannot get around different dealers to haggle on pricing so we went to the Sydney caravan show this week We were quoted $45250 tow away including a few option such as;
External shower
Roll out Awning
Extended drawbar
External gas bayonet x 2
Exterior drop down picnic table
Solar provision
Privacy screens
Roof mounted Dometic 2200 ac
RM2553 fridge
CD stereo (internal speakers only)
Battery pack
Control panel
We know that there is normal pricing, show pricing and also a bloody good price but we cannot compare. Can anyone tell me if this is a reasonable figure or just a "show" price?

bella

Mar 26, 2011
Wow, that sounds a lot to me, but then I have always looked at the non outback model.
We did our haggling by phone on our 17.56-1. We rang four dealers in Victoria and one in South Australia, all were happy to fax a copy of there quote through and we were able to start negotiations from that.
We ended up not buying from our local dealer but saved $6000.00, so we were very happy.
We ordered the 17.56-1 with awning, annexe ( which has extra doors and windows), privacy screens, RM2553 fridge, drop down jacks, bed conversion for bunks, a couple of additional lights, and shelving in robes for $36,200.00, hope this helps.
Bella

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
We visited two dealers but did most of our research over the phone. Best price came from a dealer i never saw face to face.

Can't comment on your price, as we ordered a different model, but all i can say is do the ring around! And don't believe the 'Show Special' hype, its just a marketing ploy.

Good luck and keep us up to date when you place your order. This forum has kept me sane during our wait.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey there, which dealership did you get the quote from and if you don't mind me asking who was the salesperson you go them from.

Also is it valid only for the period of the show?

As far as good or bad that is a very good quote and very cheap will put up some figures shortly as to why just need to go to the car.

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
Hi

We've ordered the exact same van from a dealership we don't have from your list
Control panel
solar provisions
extended draw bar
only 1 gas bayonet

but we do have extra
annex and floor
wind up antenna with booster
1x additional power point and tv point
shelves in robe
a curtain screen in toilet/shower
magazine holder
tv/dvd
bag ends but i think your meaning the same in regards to privacy screens,
we also have a privacy screen to block kids bunks from main dining area

we're paying $48,400 drive away...we'll be interested to hear of other prices.

can we ask why your getting an extended draw bar? have they given you a pick up date? we were told a six month wait and therefore didn't wait for brisbane show to order.

bella

Mar 26, 2011
Privacy screen

Hi Four Of Us,
When you say a privacy screen to block kids from main dining area is that a curtain and is it factory or dealer fitted?
Bella

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
I have read all the previous posts and have a couple of questions. What is the "bed conversion for the bunks" and does anyone have any more details or photos of the curtain added to screen off the kids!!

Cheers
Sinko

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Privacy screens are the screens on the outside of the van that are mounted under the hard lid.
Like in this pic
408.jpg

We thought the same too when we ordered our Expanda that the privacy screens were the inside bed end curtains. :rolleyes: Ours are dealer fitted.

Cheers Cruza

The brochure is confusing :rolleyes: LOL

bella

Mar 26, 2011
Hi Sinko,
The 'bed coversion' is the piece of wood and the cushion that slots into the space between the seats on the bottom bunk to turn it into a bed.
I also would love to see a picture on the "privacy screen"between the bunks and the kitchen area.
Bella

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
hi bella

can i ask did you have to pay extra for the bed conversion for the bottom bunk? i haven't given that any thought i simply thought it was like our old swan, drop the table, arrange the cushions and a bed was there.

it was explained to us that a curtain screen came off the corner of the bunk and joined up to the kitchen bench or somewhere there. we think its a great idea as you can then get dressed in that area after showering etc.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
hi bella

can i ask did you have to pay extra for the bed conversion for the bottom bunk? i haven't given that any thought i simply thought it was like our old swan, drop the table, arrange the cushions and a bed was there.

it was explained to us that a curtain screen came off the corner of the bunk and joined up to the kitchen bench or somewhere there. we think its a great idea as you can then get dressed in that area after showering etc.

I have seen this done and the other option I have seen is a curtain that goes the length of the bunk bed both bottom and top on a rail.

Wado

May 7, 2011
New England
Thanks everyone for the response to the original thread. To answer your question Four of Us - we plan to go the extended drawbar for 1)increased manouverability and 2) increased clearance between the rear door on the Paj and the van or anything on the drawbar. Expanda, you wrote that you were going to post up some figures Any luck with that yet? We have been told that delivery is available any month from September onwards.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hey wado, for the pricing reference the rrp on the 17.56.2 is around 42 - 43k on its own.

Awnings are priced at around 1000 - 1500 on their own at retail price.

If you look at it from that perspective adding your extras up you got a top price. :D

Did you want to disclose the dealer / sales person?

Hope that helps!

bella

Mar 26, 2011
hi bella

It was something we asked to be included in our initial quote, so it wasn't individualy priced
. Our dealer however did say it is an extra and has to specified on our order, otherwise it doesn't come with the van, so I am guessing it's an extra.
Bella

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
The bottom piece of wood is actually the table.

The legs on the table collapses and it slots in between the two cushions on the 17".

When the van is ordered they put a scatter cushion in.

This not an extra unless they have changed it and should be included in the price of the van as the double bunk is a feature of the 17".

I would not be paying for it in way shape or form.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
2011 17.56-2 Outback Expanda
Roll out Awning
Dometic roof mount a/c upgrade
Solar pack
Wind up tv antenna
Pioneer cd player
19” tv on pivotal tv bracket
External speakers
Tandem simplicity suspension
External bbq
Tregg hitch
External fold down table
Bumper
Rv control panel
External shower
150ltr fridge upgrade

Total price $47,500.00
Drive away price
Warburton Caravans in Bunderburg QLD.

Ours comes in late August.

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Thanks Bella,
I am expecting the bed conversion to be standard with the van. I'll keep an eye out for the internal privacy curtain.

Sinko

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
2011 17.56-2 Outback Expanda
Roll out Awning
Dometic roof mount a/c upgrade
Solar pack
Wind up tv antenna
Pioneer cd player
19” tv on pivotal tv bracket
External speakers
Tandem simplicity suspension
External bbq
Tregg hitch
External fold down table
Bumper
Rv control panel
External shower
150ltr fridge upgrade

Total price $47,500.00
Drive away price
Warburton Caravans in Bunderburg QLD.

Ours comes in late August.

Hi Bigman,
How was Warburton's to deal with? What was your base price before you added extras on. I only live 20 mins from the dealership.
Thanks
Deano.