Anti Flap Kits

Jack10

Aug 20, 2013
Heathmont Vic
Hi All,
We are new to the forum and caravanning in general and as I can see most newbies have a million questions about the vans and set ups. We have purchased a 18-57.6 and have just returned from its maiden voyage to give it a good test in private before we are exposed to the public knowledge test with our friends! One Q I have is about the anti flap kits as when we had set the awning up correctly we couldn't get the hole on the awning to match up for the AFK? Any advice would be appreciated.

Jack10

Aug 20, 2013
Heathmont Vic
We tried rolling it back but if we closed the last clamp on the AFK it just seemed it would pull down too hard on the edge of the awning and sooner or later it would rip. The awning is the carefree one that comes with the Jayco 18-57.6.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
@Jack10 Gday and welcome to the forum, As you put up the horizontal bars and do up the black knobs, these are what now keep in place the awning from rolling back toward the van (as the closed lever is now in its mode). From here you can adjust the awning roller to the required location for the AFK to be in the correct position. Yes the AFK clamps down well on the awning material and yes mine too has a bit of a firm bit at the edge of the roller too.

How this helps. Cheers Pace.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Welcome @Jack10
Im not sure I can be much help. @Pace has probably said it all.
However, is it a new van and awning? It is possible that the fitter drilled the holes in the wrong spot, although I would suggest that you could still adjust the roller to make it fit.
Mine also clamps down a little tight at the roller end.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Yeah mine has stretched a little along the edge a small price to pay to stiffen the whole awning up. We love them and once we rope and peg it down nice and secure. We still pack the awning up if strong winds are forecast.

Reactions: Xpandafan