Another Newbie

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Hi
I have just joined and thought I should introduce myself
My wife Heather and I have a 17.56 Expanda 2012 model and tow it with a Land Rover Discovery 2........hence the nick...... Disco Duck
We have both recently retired so haven't had the chance to do any travelling yet but that will come next year.......can't wait
We met Bluey (I hope that is not to our detriment ? :) when he was in Adelaide at the Brighton Caravan Park a month or so ago and who knows.......may meet some others in our travels
We have been long time readers of the forums and certainly learnt a lot from the knowledgeable members here. So we thought we should join and learn some more
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 290

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Welcome @Disco Duck - great to have you on board.

Those of us who have met @Bluey can certainly attest to his good character, at least that’s what his parole officer said :)

Looking forward to hearing of your travels and those all important mods !!

Reactions: Crusty181 and Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Good on you @Disco Duck hows your water issues..... this site is full of great helpfull people you should fit in nicely
Will be back at brighton next year id say if your there now i got a boat that comes with us can take you out for some squid mmmmm

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Welcome to the group. lots of useful, and some useless, information here. Only joking, there is a lot of good information to be had here.
Look forward to some trip reports.

Reactions: Bluey

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Thank you for the welcome guys, it's nice to be here
I'm not sure about Bluey's parole officer. can anyone who describes Bluey as being of good charcter, be trusted ?? :) Naah...... he is right Bluey was very helpful when I needed it.
The water problems are fixed Bluey, but I still need to make some more mods to it and these will happen once we move into our new house and I can get the van into our driveway to work on it. 5th of january is the move in day.

Hi Vere........only had the van about three months and yes.....I'm another Crow Eater vanner
and looking forward to getting away from it all.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Theres also a new member @Still Workin he brought my caravan cot off us hope he gets great use out of it im sure he will so thats 2 new members in a week im on a roll lets see who i find at coffs..... forster .... and lake macquarrie i should have stickers on my van like fighter planes used to have with the number of new members ive found
If you get 3 new members, your in the running for the weekly meat tray

Reactions: Bluey and G Daddy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you get 3 new members, your in the running for the weekly meat tray

No meat tray this week for SE QLD, couldn't pick up any meat roadside this trip, they are all staying in the paddock with recent rain, have to rely on @Bluey s big catch for Northern NSW in New Year.

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Thank you for the welcome guys, it's nice to be here
I'm not sure about Bluey's parole officer. can anyone who describes Bluey as being of good charcter, be trusted ?? :) Naah...... he is right Bluey was very helpful when I needed it.
The water problems are fixed Bluey, but I still need to make some more mods to it and these will happen once we move into our new house and I can get the van into our driveway to work on it. 5th of january is the move in day.

Hi Vere........only had the van about three months and yes.....I'm another Crow Eater vanner
and looking forward to getting away from it all.

Hey mate, I may not a @Bluey but if you need advise or want to try something before buying let me know. I live in northern suburbs

Vere

EASTY

Apr 25, 2018
Gold Coast
Hi Disco duck,
Another new member here and we also have a Land Rover discovery as our tug for a 17.56-2
If I may ask what is the configuration of your trailer plug between van and vehicle... I was unable to buy one pre made and ended up making my own with a little help from the LR4 forum .
Love the rig by the way it’s awesome to see the vast differences in our choice of tow vehicles for what suits our needs from one member to another.
Easty

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Hi Disco duck,
Another new member here and we also have a Land Rover discovery as our tug for a 17.56-2
If I may ask what is the configuration of your trailer plug between van and vehicle... I was unable to buy one pre made and ended up making my own with a little help from the LR4 forum .
Love the rig by the way it’s awesome to see the vast differences in our choice of tow vehicles for what suits our needs from one member to another.
Easty

I have 7 pin large round which runs lights/battery charging & brakes. I also have a Anderson plug for fridge.

Jayco like to install 12 pin plugs on there vans. the top is normal 7 pin flat and 2 of the larger 5 pins are for the fridge. These plugs are know to melt when the connections get loose or dirty

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
I have 7 pin large round which runs lights/battery charging & brakes. I also have a Anderson plug for fridge.

Jayco like to install 12 pin plugs on there vans. the top is normal 7 pin flat and 2 of the larger 5 pins are for the fridge. These plugs are know to melt when the connections get loose or dirty

Hi I have had the 12 pin standard Jayco plug since new, (2008) and have never had a problem with it and everything is till working ok. I hope that I do not speak to soon though!

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Hi Disco duck,
Easty

Hi Easty
Welcome to the club !!
Very friendly people on this site........and lots to learn
If you have a Discovery 4, then you are way past me..............I only have a Discovery 2
It's now 18 years old and still happy to have me sharing it's life, so I guess I'm lucky.
It works fine although I would like a few more gears in the auto box.
The standard 4 gears of the Disco 2 make hard work of some hills and another two.....or more.....would really make life a little easier for the old girl
My trailer connection is a normal flat 7 plug with a 50amp Anderson plug for the fridge
The van battery is charged by two 200 watt solar panels on the roof of the van and there is another anderson plug on the side that I can plug inmore solar panels or connect it to the car which has two extra batteries and so charge them
It all seems to work fine
Cheers
Disco

Reactions: Drover