Another new member waiting on a 16.49-2 Outback

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
G'day guys........new member here....love the site.
Waiting a few more weeks for a 16.49-2 Outback. Recently offloaded our 2008 Outback Swan that we had for 12 months, decided we needed extra room for our 3 girls (10, 8 and 6). Also looking forward to being able to get into van when packed up as well as the faster set up/pack up times. Tow vehicle is a 2010 Triton GLX-R auto that we picked up a couple of weeks ago. Live on the mighty Murray River in Echuca-Moama and spent a fair bit of time out there over the past year in the Swan.......now looking to travel a bit farther afield! Really impressed with some of the modifications I have seen here...think I will be adding the canvas end covers pretty quickly!:yo:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
G'day Triton thats a great part of the country you live :thumb: and welcome to the forum is good to see another 16 footer amongst the ranks :first:

And a your like a few of us on here who have gone the camper trailer to Expanda path also.
Be sure to post up some pics when it arrives. :high5:

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
G'Day Triton and welcome to the site.
I'm a newby myself coming from camper trailer and having just ordered our van .The waiting game is very slow but exiting at the same time :)

Welcome

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome Triton. I look forward to visiting your area later this year. Sure is a beautiful part of the world.

You won't regret stepping up to the expanda, trust me:biggrin1:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
G'day Triton

Welcome to Expanda Land, as others have said, you wont regret the your upgrade, as our dealer said, "It's the natural progrestion"

hope to visit your apart of the land Sept/Oct on our way to/from SA.

satyoga

Aug 3, 2011
Sunshine Coast
Yeah welcome Triton, I am also new and playing the waiting game, also progressed from the camp trailer, this site is great, well done all.

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Thanks for the welcome guys........we loved the Swan, but once we saw our friends set their pop top up and then watch us for another half an hour already having a frothy.....we knew an Expanda was for us.
Echuca-Moama is a great part of the world and we are lucky to have some great camping spots just up the road. We particularly like the Benarca forest just downstream from Moama.....happy to point people in the right direction if they are up this way.
Am going for a drive tomorrow up to Mathoura and Picnic Point to have a look for camps up that way, the fishing is much better up there at the moment!
We are planning our first major trip in January next year with two other families......a stop over in Dubbo to visit the zoo, then onto Yamba for 7 nights, Coffs Harbour for 5 nights and Port Macquarie for 5 nights before heading home - cant wait.:biggrin:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Triton. Another on the upward progression. Great trip you have planned and good time of the year.

We may pass through your patch on our way home as we have relos in Aulbury.