Anderson plug results

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi everyone, I finished off my anderson plug connection to my van yesterday, I used to run my waeco in the van from the car through 7 pin plug but it didn't like it and needed to have battery switch on in the van. I did some tests and results are as follows. Power to the cigarette lighter socket in van with car running through 7 pin plug is 10.8 volts so probably why waeco doesn't like it. I now have 14v comming from anderson plug with car running which now charges battery. Also in this circuit another lighter socket for waeco.The Jayco setec unit only supplies 9.7v to battery through the 7 pin plug which is not much good.

I did intend to install a cetek 250 which i have read about in various posts but now i'm not sure as i am getting 14v to battery, however i do need some sort of solar regulator which at this stage I'll probably use portable pannels. Any advice on what to do? Cheers Burnsy

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Burnsy,

This is what I intend to do when van arrives:

I will have two sets of cable (6B&S) running from Dual Battery in the Car to the Tow Bar connected to 2 50Amp Anderson Plugs Stuck\bolted on top of each other.

Then on the DrawBar of the van have the same thing (Probably not 6B&S though, perhaps one size smaller) with two 50amp Andersons again stuck together. One will be dedicated for the Van Fridge and the other will go to the SETEK unit initial and then to a DCDC\Solar type charger when I get rid of the ctek from charging the battery.

Having the two runs of cable is so that you are sure you will get max amps down to each device, using one run and you will probably find that the Van fridge will sponge all the amps leaving not enough for charging batery.

I have also just decided after reading your post that I'll put the waeco in the van and simply plug it into a cig socket off the van battery for keeping it going while travelling (securing it down of course) it will already be cold and wont be getting opened and closed so really shouldnt use to much power anyway..

It just dawned on me, we are getting an expanda, why have the weaco in the back of the car when it can go into the van instead :))

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yeah that's it Zerosecta, my waeco sits up the front not secured and doesn't move. If your concerned about it moving get some anti slip foam rubber from places like Clarke rubber....it definately won't move. Cheers.