Anderson Plug Covers

Tailor

Jun 2, 2012
Newport Qld
Recently found a great cover for anderson plugs, not the rubber ones, but a substantial plastic cover with a spring loaded front flap and rubber inserts at the rear. Also got a neat little T handle for disconnecting the plugs.

Only place I could find them was on an ebay shop called autoelectau. Had a bit of difficulty getting into the shop, but it was worth the effort. Found a number ot items I've been chasing including a 50amp autoreset fuse .
IMG_0239.JPG

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Recently found a great cover for anderson plugs, not the rubber ones, but a substantial plastic cover with a spring loaded front flap and rubber inserts at the rear. Also got a neat little T handle for disconnecting the plugs.

Only place I could find them was on an ebay shop called autoelectau. Had a bit of difficulty getting into the shop, but it was worth the effort. Found a number ot items I've been chasing including a 50amp autoreset fuse .
View attachment 8094

Have a look at this site. They are a Queensland company and I have found them good to deal with.

http://www.sidewinder.com.au/page26.html

Reactions: Tailor

Tailor

Jun 2, 2012
Newport Qld
Thanks chartrock. I knew of this site but hadn't found it until today.

Another place I use for some difficult stuff is Jaycar.

Incidentally, I've been looking for the metal 12v 2 pin plug and outlet with a screw on retainer. Do you know anyone who stocks these. I got a plastic one from a marine dealer, but the plug is not too secure.

Thanks

John

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
I purchased this 12 months ago and have found no issues and looks neat on the rear of the vehicle. Also easy to install.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Incidentally, I've been looking for the metal 12v 2 pin plug and outlet with a screw on retainer. Do you know anyone who stocks these. I got a plastic one from a marine dealer, but the plug is not too secure.

John

I'm not sure of the type of plug you mean, Tailor. Is it the one with two connection at right angles to each other?