Chassis Andersen WDH ... Thoughts...?

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Best price I can find is about $800 for the one for the 6" chassis rails. I reckon price is on par with most others, if it works it will probably be a good thing!

Reactions: relgate

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Want to buy mine?? I tryed to get mine right over a 6000km trip and couldnt. I think because jayco mount there hitch on the bottom of the "A" frame instead of the top like every other trailer company in the world you loose the leverage from between the ball and the chain mounts to take the weight of the van.
When I get my van back Im going to mount the hitch on top to to see if it helps. also wore part of my chains away where they slide in and out of the box tube on the "A" frame due to the constant movement in thoses red bushes (springs)
More than once I said to my self "Why didnt i just buy a normal wdh like every one else"

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Think I am going to go for it. What have I got to lose (other than $800!) I'll do some measurements next week to make sure the drawbar brackets will fit with my stone guard. I really like the theory of how it works.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Well I have chickened out! Read some stories on US site about chains breaking and flapping about causing damage to the van and the rear of the car! Not my cup of tea. Theory had me intrigued, however I think they need to work on the design and make it a little more heavy duty.

I am picking up a Hayman Reese tomorrow, so hopefully that will achieve the desired result.