And We Are Back...

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, apologies but since 9pm last night the site has been intermitently available due to an upstream issue with our webhost.

From everyone at Expandasdownunder we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks everyone for your parience!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
No lockout yet :)
Although it can be arranged!!! :rockon:

Just an update, since the outage last night we may experience some more intermittent issues today.

Finally this evening from 9pm - 5am we will be moving the site to a new home so there will be some more down time as we change over from one box to another.

Apologies in advance for the downtime but we do need to make the move to a new server to cope with increased usage and capacity of the site.

I will be making every effort to ensure data integrity but if anyone has any questions please feel free to email / pm me etc.

Thanks for your patience!!!!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Thanks for the advance warning, Expanda. Our numbers are sure growing, which is great, so I can see the need for an upgrade. Your effort and work on running the forum are very much appreciated. :first:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Thanks for the advance warning, Expanda. Our numbers are sure growing, which is great, so I can see the need for an upgrade. Your effort and work on running the forum are very much appreciated. :first:

Ditto, I totally agree. Well done.:amen:

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I third those sentiments above!!!

Was disappointed I couldn't get my fix at work last night. Had to find another way to occupy my time, like doing work!!

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
I fourth those comments above. Here I am at Maaroom near Maryborough Qld and I thought the 3G service on the iPad was playing up. It's good to hear the site is growing. It's such a pleasure to surf.
Will post photos of our getaway later.
Cheers Deano

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Thanks for the kind comments everyone.....

I was sweating a bit yesterday, but we are back now and the server changes are done.

Apologies to everyone for the extended delay in the change over but things did not run as smoothly as hoped.

All things considered we lost no content at all so everything is here as it was when we shut down the site and commenced the change over.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words and patience over the last 24 hours!!!

Tailor

Jun 2, 2012
Newport Qld
Great to have a explanation expanda, and having to look after our server and systems I understand the stress you feel when you go offline and can't let everyone know what's happening.

Great, well managed site, thanks.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I would like to see some stats on how many users tried to log in during the down time. I reckon I made about 50 attempts!