Exterior Alko Drop-down Jacks

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Jazdiver,
the overall length of just the outer tube on my jacks is 320mm. I suspect that means they are the 410mm version which would be the overall minimum length in the vertical position from the top of the mounting plate to the foot.

I can't easily position the van so I can drop the jack vertically to verify this. They are certainly not be the 510mm version which would be the next size up.

cheers
Mike
upload_2017-10-15_19-6-21.jpeg

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
well, I finally got my drop down jacks all sorted out. It is all good news.

Went to the camping show in Melbourne earlier in the year and noticed that Jayco had a 2018 Touring Penguin with AL-KO drop down jacks on display. The most interesting thing was on the showroom floor they were able to be set down vertically! I certainly cannot do that with my jacks.

Took down the measurements and compared them to mine and they were 50mm shorter.

Sent an email to the service manager at Bayswater Jayco asking if it was possible to have my jacks replaced with the shorter version even though our Penguin was 18 months old and 6 months out of warranty. AL-KO started supplying the shorter Jacks to Jayco late last year.

The great news is that Jayco agreed to replace the Jacks! All finished today.

Couldn't be happier with the result and once again very impressed with the service from the Bayswater Jayco dealer and Jayco.

cheers
Mike